Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
My Guinevere has had seizures since she was about 3 months old (she is now just over 2yrs). Her previous owner (my best friend) had her on meds till last year about this time when she decided to take her off (the meds can cause some serious side effects on their liver) she lowered the dose slowly and gave her the last dose in November. I have had Guinevere since April of this year and she has only had 2 seizures (one from a bump on the head, and another because my daughters big dog scared her). It is very frightening to be so helpless to help them. What we do for hers is try to remain calm (I know hard to do) take her to an area with limited stimulation, talk to her in a soothing tone (reasure her that its gonna be ok) and apply even, gentle message to the muscles most affected. And then of course lots of babying after she comes out of it. Guinevere is usually very clingy (especially with the person that talked to her most during the seizure) for about a day. Our vet is also one that has strong feelings about putting animals on anti seizure meds (and I tend to agree), but just to be on the safe side I would take your baby in for a checkup and just keep a diary of future seizures (she may never have another one) to look for patterns. Also be very aware of her head pulling back towards her tail as I have been told it is possible for them to injure their necks pretty easily (this is why we try to message the neck area if it is involved). Hope you and your baby are feeling better, my heart goes out to both of you :( [/color]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.