Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Gosh please don't give up!! What about my baby? He is 4 months old and I just got him, there is no way he has been overy socialized and so I do bring him places that I can bring him, and I always tell people to just go and pick him up (when they come over). I can see Chico get nervous, but I keep talking to him in that "baby" voice we give our chi's (you know you all do!), but I just keep talking to him while others are picking him up and then I slowly stop. I think this helps. I understand though if you don't have much company. Maybe now would be a good time for Puppy Obedience school, this helps w/socialization w/other people and dogs. :D

·
Registered
810 Posts
That is a great idea about how to give her to others backwards. I will try that. :) As far as letting others hold her, I wouldn't let just anyone, I guess I should be more careful w/my words. I let adults who are talking to her and who I feel comfortable with hold her, but if I get a bad feeling or my chi is completey upset w/it, then of course I wouldn't. I really meant adults who are here at my house and I know, but people always approach me when we are out w/them and I actually encourage it so the pups know other people are ok. Lola is not afraid at all she is used to being around different people, but I can see Chico gets a little nervous, but always warms up and wants to play. But don't forget about the obedience classes, I really think this will help w/socialization too.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Oh I know that!! Even when I reread my post, it sounded like I just give them to anyone!! I admit I type very fast and sometimes don't give enough thought to what I an typing!! :wink: Honestly, I didn't think you were critisizing at all!! :D I really love your idea about giving them to others backwards though, I can't believe I never thought of that!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.