Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.. I have almost given up with Sera and new people. Its not that she doesn't like people in general.. She loves to see my mom, wags her tail crazy and gives her tones of kisses, same with my dad, but took a bit longer. she also knows Justin, loves him, and is getting to know Natalie a bit better and isnt as scared, although she prefers to sit in my lap instead of hers (if shes with justin, my dad, mom, she doesnt care) I think shes just scared when people come up to her and start to pet her, she back down and trys to get as far as possible away, and then.. if there fingures are there for a while she'll bite 'em, no one has said that it hurts but i hope its only cuz shes protecting me. When shes in some one elses arms - that she doesnt know, she'll squirm. I dont think shes ever biten someone when in there arms.. not that ive noticed. I've tried the treats, for people to give them to her, it didnt do much. I really need her to have people holding her and i vanish, but its a little hard to do that if i am in a store with her and hand her to complete strangers (we dont have that many visitors.. well my mom teaches piano and students come to the house... but many dont take interest in her.. or dont know how to handle the squirmyness) Any suggestion?? I'm at my wits end! :(

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
joebeans said:
Chiquita just doesn't like strangers... she barks and puts up a fuss about it all... she likes members of my family that she knows, but as far as taking her to Petsmart, forget it... she just hates it, she will back away from anyone trying to pet her.... I believe that some dogs are just that way... no matter how hard you try to socialize them. José likes to get attention... he licked the vet tech the last time he was at the vet... so they all like him... but Chiquita will bite.
Yeah, thats what im sorta leaning to.. I think shes jus going to be that kinda dog no matter what i do. :(

ALTHOUGh, good idea of handing her back to someone first .. Ill try that too.. Thanks everyone for the suggestions! Ill keep trying!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.