Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I switched Lily to a diet of all dry food, she has developed some weird eating habits. If I put her food in her bowl she will just keep pawing at it until there are pellets flung all over the floor. She'll sniff each piece, eat only a few and leave the rest. But I've found that if I feed her by hand, one tiny pellet at a time, she will gladly eat the whole amount.

What's up with that? Is she just a spoiled chi who has her mom wrapped around her little paw? And am I destined to be her personal feeder for the rest of her life? :lol:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
you know we all have spoiled chis... Gadget will only eat his dry food during the day if I put it on the couch... He will eat it at night if I melt cheese over it... This is a very spoiled chi in my house.. but I guess that I am the blame for that... he used to get canned food but he started not liking it so we stopped giving it to him... He llikes his dry food.. Tonight at dinner I didn't put his cheese on his food so he wouldn't eat.. So I just melted his cheese over it and he is chowing... See how spoiled he is and he is only 5 1/2 months.... Can you imagine what he is going ot be like in 10 years?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
LOL, Thats cute baby has to get a mouth full of her food brings it into the living room and puts it on the floor and eats a couple of peices..LOL Sounds to me its either the switching of the food or she is spoiled..LOL

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
hehehehhehehe

It wasn't hard.... he even has a place for eating popcorn... Right on my shoulder...... he loves his nightly popcorn.... (Well not every night but most) I was surprised the vet said it was good for them.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Well we hand feed Auggie his lunch which is very small cut up pieces of chicken while we are eating. At dinner he has dog food ( he mustn't know shh ) but he eats it in the living room with us :lol:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Nat, I bite off the fluffy part and feed it to him... I have tried to give him a whole poiece once and he wouldn't have anything to do with it... So we give him the fluffy part and he loves it... plus he can eat longer and he still only gets a total of 5 or 6 whole pieces of popcorn... It is fun to lye in bed and share the popcorn with him...

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Uh .... Rachael, I hate to tell you this, but I do believe Lily is a little bit spoiled. :lol: Nah...couldn't be. We all know you would NEVER spoil her!! :lol:

Shhh..don't tell anyone, but I hand feed Jasmine some things also. She absolutely loves cheese, and since the vet said it was O.K. in moderation, she gets a little piece almost every day. But the only way she will eat it is if I break off a little piece at a time and let her eat it out of my hand. :lol: If I put it in her bowl, she won't touch it. Go figure - no, she isn't spoiled!

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
chimom said:
Uh .... Rachael, I hate to tell you this, but I do believe Lily is a little bit spoiled. :lol: Nah...couldn't be. We all know you would NEVER spoil her!! :lol:
There is just no way I would ever spoil a dog! I can't believe you people would even suggest such a thing. I treat Lily as I would treat any goddess. :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Pablo likes to either eat his food on the couch, in my lap, or I have to play soccer food. ( I have to flick the food all over the place, and he chases them down to eat them) Or on some nights he would prefer I hand feed him. That is when his tummy feels good, and he WANTS to eat! But I really don't think I'll be playin "soccer food" when it's all mushy w/ the wet food! :lol: I think we would do anything for our babies!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Anyone can play, just pile the food on the carpet, then flick a pebble away, like right past the pooch, in between the legs. They'll run after it, when the pooch is further away flick another in a different direction. When they see it fly by, off they go. The goalie is their tummies. Sometimes I crawl toward the food, and tell Pablo "Mommy's gonna get it, he'll perk right up, and hop to it with the butt in the air. Then he stares at me while he eats it. Like he's daring me to try to get his food. Sometimes, I make a trail around the living room with his kibbles, leading him to his bowl, with an arrow. Just somethings I've tried to get my little guy to eat!!! Try it, it's lots of fun! I think I have some pictures of all this, I'll try to post them this weekend! Enjoy, and have fun!!!

-Carrie :D

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
thanks for the advice !!! are you giving nature (not salty or sweet ) ?

all of my chi's love to eat the food that's fell of their plate :? so when they are eating i always shuffle it off their plate ......who's crazy then ...? the chi's or me ? :D

kisses nat

1 - 20 of 22 Posts