Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bijoux is a singleton she had no litter mates and now i'm noticing something about her, she is starting to growl and I'm getting ery worried about it.

Her vet said that would be why she is so big she got everything from her mama. I'm wondering if this could be an indicator for why she is becoming aggressive, it isn't play either I know play this is dominance agression.

Anyone else have a singleton or aggressive pup? She does is once a dayish when she is sleepy but I have a zero tolerance for aggressiveness heaven forbid she do it as an adult @[email protected] I want to do right by her.

Has anyone gone through this?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Well...Lacey is not a singleton (litter of 4) and she gets quite snippy when she is sleepy and someone touches her. She is down right ugly! and no one is the exception. She has nipped at me on several occasions while laying in my lap!!! I just grab her by the back of her neck (like her mama would do) and she snaps right out of it.

Hope your able to work it out before it gets any worse.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well...Lacey is not a singleton (litter of 4) and she gets quite snippy when she is sleepy and someone touches her. She is down right ugly! and no one is the exception. She has nipped at me on several occasions while laying in my lap!!! I just grab her by the back of her neck (like her mama would do) and she snaps right out of it.

Hope your able to work it out before it gets any worse.
I tell her no! and then flip her on her back until she goes limp and accepts that I am boss -No pressure she's so small she doesn't need it.-

Maybe that is it maybe she just gets cranky? She is such a loving little girl other wise maybe little chi girls just need their beauty sleep ;p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts