Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess Ava had something in her eye that needed looking into.....
View attachment 6941

:foxes_207: :laughing3:

I sure am enjoying watching these two have so much fun together!!! At first I was a bit worried because Ava is three years old and maybe she wouldn't like a baby in her face...but....all is good in the world....:coolwink:

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
To answer Elaine's question, I am almost positive Ava is a Maltese because this is almost exactly our situation when we got Lulu. We had Lacy a 1 1/2 yr old Maltese. I fell in love with Lulu and brought her home spur of the moment--never thought that morning about a dog or knew anything at all about chihuahuas. Lacy was wonderful with her and she loved Lacy, but the night I brought her home I started reading on the internet all about chihuahua because isn't that where we go to educate ourselves that wonderful internet? Everything I read called chihuahua's clanish, terriorial, wouldn't get along with other breeds, would fight Lacy and bully her. I would afraid that even though they seemed to be best friends now when she got older she would turn on Lacy--remember, I knew NOTHING about dogs. The vet didn't help discouraging me from keeping her. Horrible long story short--I returned my baby for a few terrible days. THANK THE LORD for answering my prayer and giving my baby back to me!!! She is ours forever and ever and is the joy of our life. It scares me to death every time I think of how close I came to losing her. Your little one will do great!!! So glad you have her. You won't be sorry.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
To answer Elaine's question, I am almost positive Ava is a Maltese because this is almost exactly our situation when we got Lulu. We had Lacy a 1 1/2 yr old Maltese. I fell in love with Lulu and brought her home spur of the moment--never thought that morning about a dog or knew anything at all about chihuahuas. Lacy was wonderful with her and she loved Lacy, but the night I brought her home I started reading on the internet all about chihuahua because isn't that where we go to educate ourselves that wonderful internet? Everything I read called chihuahua's clanish, terriorial, wouldn't get along with other breeds, would fight Lacy and bully her. I would afraid that even though they seemed to be best friends now when she got older she would turn on Lacy--remember, I knew NOTHING about dogs. The vet didn't help discouraging me from keeping her. Horrible long story short--I returned my baby for a few terrible days. THANK THE LORD for answering my prayer and giving my baby back to me!!! She is ours forever and ever and is the joy of our life. It scares me to death every time I think of how close I came to losing her. Your little one will do great!!! So glad you have her. You won't be sorry.
Do you still have Lacey?

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
No :( Lacy would have turned 5 this past August, but the June before she got sick suddenly--we took her to the vet but they couldn't figure out what was wrong with her in time to save her. We were devastated. It is so hard when there is no reason and the vet said if they could give us one if it was something we could have done to avoid he would tell us because we have another dog but he just couldn't give us a reason. We no have Gidget, a 10 month old Maltese. I worried about how Lulu would take to her since she was 3 1/2 when we got her, and she is very rambuctious. Lulu loves her. She is very patient with her--actually more patient in many ways than Lacy was with Lulu. Who is giving Chihuahua their bad reputation? lol

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
oh, i'm sorry you lost Lacy :( , how awful not to even know the reason.
nice you have Gidget and Lulu and her get along great . you should put a pic of Gidget in your siggy :)

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
nice you have Gidget and Lulu and her get along great . you should put a pic of Gidget in your siggy :)
Thank you so much--Lacy and Gidget are both my parent's dogs and Lulu belongs to me and my husband, but we all live together so both dogs are always together (my parent's have a house with an apartment attached to it and hubby and I moved in while we were building our house--everybody was so happy we never left. lol) I said all that to say, at first my parent's said they didn't want another dog--it didn't take 2-3 days without their Lacy and they had to fill that empty void so along came our Gidget. Thank you for the suggestion of putting Gidget in my siggy. I do love her to death and would love to see her also and never thought about that. I will work on a great pic of them together immediately--thanks for the great idea! You rock!!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Well, in this case beauty is both in the eye of
the beholder and the subject beholding! I mean
that in a good way of course!

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep, Ava is a maltese. She's a small one, but she came from a show breeder who was keeping her for show.....but I lucked out when she stopped growing!! Ava is 3 years old and is 3 1/2 lbs.

View attachment 6948

oh, she's such a dive...she even has her own Facebook page. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts