Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took Chloe for her last set of shots this morning and everything look and went well up to an hour ago.... I am currently sitting in the vets because Chloe apparently has a reaction.... She was sitting on my lap and she kept shaking her head. I looked down and she looked awful. Not sure if this is what gives looks like on an animal, but it scared to death!! I through her in The car and drove like a crazy person. The took her right away and checked for a fever and took her in the back for a steroid shot and Benadryl. Now I sit here and wait... Still crying... :(

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Nichole, sweetie don't cry. You did everything right by taking her to the vet
quickly. Just keep a close eye on her and stay in contact with your vet if any
changes occur or if she isn't feeling better. Hugs.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Omg, poor Chloe! I hope she will be all fine. They always warn you about the allergic reactions, but you never expect them to happen to your baby. I'm so sorry. Keep us updated. In the meanwhile, I'm sending well wishes to Chloe. Poor darling.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Don't worry! Easier said than done right? This exact thing happened to Miya and I did exactly what you've done, I practically flew to the vets, no bra, no shoes! Tears rolling down my face. She will be fine, don't worry. Which vaccine was it? Hopefully not one that she'll have to get again?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So we are home now.. She is all wrapped up sleeping in my arms. That was sooooo scary! I had her to the vets with in 15 minutes. Those hives hit fast! The vet was very good. I cOuld not have asked anything more from them. The vet told me that going forward the only vaccine we should give Chloe is rabies because it is required by law. She also said she will give her benedryl and the steroid 15 min before her vaccine next year. I also booked her spay for July 31st.... I am really nervous about that now.
Thank you to all of you for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. I will keep you posted!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.