Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, as you know i have 2 chis pepi who is 7 and my little boy. and mini who is 2 and a half who we rehomed from the nursing home my mum works at. We also have a Shih Tzu Casper who is a nutter. One of my friends has a chihuahua, i have posted pics before she is called hunny, pepi has know hunny sinch she was a puppy and she is now 3 i think. My friend is having to move into a flat that wont accept animals so she cant keep hunny, this is breaking her heart and she has asked me if i would like to buy her off her. She is a beutifull chi and pepi and mini and casper all get on with her great.
I guess the thing im worried about is will it be too much hastle having another chi, and then i'll end up having to rehome one of the dogs and i wont know which one to choose cos i want them all. i love hunny as like i said we have known her since she was a puppy. what would you do?
My friend is only wanting 200 for her which is fine as i dont mind spending that much on her. She wasnt going to charge me anything but she needs to rake together some cash for bonds and stuff so i said i would pay her for hunny if i got her. She knows i will take great care of her as dogs are my life, my work, my hobby. i love em.
i need help

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i often look after her on work days when my friends at work so i guess it wouldnt be much of a difference having her full time

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I'd say go for it. I think she would be happier with you than someone she didn't know at all. If theres any chance tho that you think you wouldmaybe have to give her up in the future then I would say tho don't take her now because that would be her having to move again.

The look lovely in the pic together tho. I hope you decide to take her but in the end it is your decision, good luck

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
oh my she is sooooooooo pretty id say go for it they look like they are very content in each others company and if you already have her quite a bit i cant see howit would affect you much differently apart from the fact you will get lots of extra cuddles lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im seriousely considering it, i love hunny and i dont want to loose her, pluss my friend can see her when ever she likes then. im going to sleep on it tonight and let her know tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
If you can afford to feed and vet another furbaby, then by all means take her. :) She would be so much happier with you than to have to adjust to a stranger.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
good morning everyone, i hardley slept at all last night i was thinking and thinking and getting squished by mini :lol:
and i have come to a decision. Im going to buy her. :D :D :D :D
I think everything will be ok, she gets on with everyone, eats hardely anything so thats not a problem and she is on the same food as mine. I have all mine insured so i will be getting her insured for vet fees too.
In the end i just thought, whats another chi when i already have 2, and i decided the answer is a hell of a lot more fun :D
She is moving into her new place on monday so i guess i'll be getting hunny then.
thanks for your help

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I too am so glad you decided to get her. When I saw her piccy yesterday, my thought was "how could anyone resist that adorable furbaby?" :lol: Plus you have the advantage of knowing ahead of time that she will get along with your babies just fine. And, since she already knows you and has visited with you often, it won't be so much of an adjustment for her.

It will be nice for your friend to be able to visit her - I could not ever imagine giving up Jazzy. I just could not do it - she is just like a child to me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks for your messages, my friends moving today. im not sure when i will be getting hunny its going to be tricky getting hunny from her grip :cry:
My friend might be sleeping at mine tonight as her house wont be sorted just boxes everywhere and i thought it would be nice for her.
She will see hunny nearly every other day because i used to go to her house and see her while i was there nearly every other day and i dont think that will be changing so my friend is really happy :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts