Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How big are your chis? My babys mom weighs 3.5 pounds and his dad is only 2...do you guys think he will he stay around that weight?
:compress:

·
Registered
587 Posts
you can never tell for sure, bellas mommy was 3.5 lbs and her daddy is 2.5lbs but bella is already 2.5 lbs at 10 weeks so she will most likely his the 4 lb mark... so no guarantee from the parents unfortunately...

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
wow the mother was too small to be breeding, she should be over 4, even if the dad is only 2 pounds. that concerns me. anyways there's a chance the pups from the litter could stay between that weight but they can also go over 4 pounds. i think tough that they will stay on the small end, but there is always the possibility,..

·
Registered
400 Posts
More about the chihuahua's structure then weight, so the mom may have been okay to breed. You can never tell, Just weigh often and look on the chart. And my cooper is almost 5 months and 1 pound 13.5 ounces

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Cooper's momma was about 5-6 pounds and his dad is about the same. Cooper, on the other hand, is 10 pounds. At least he's smaller than my 14 pound chi I had as a child.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
size

I was told that you have to look at grandparents weight as well as the parents weight and alot of times the grandparents is the dominant. I have a Yorkie that was supposed to be a standard size and he is 3lbs. Check the weight charts. Also I have heard that you can tell a little about how petite the features are.

·
Registered
587 Posts
i have heard that too! that if a puppys paws are small then they will end up being small... but if they are big they will be big... like you know how some puppies of larger breeds have this huuuuge feet? maybe thats it i dunno.. i just heard that before...

·
Registered
151 Posts
My 5 lb male's mom was a large chi..much larger than my little guy..I don't know the size of the dad..he wasn't on site. But my breeder told me he wouldn't be over 5lbs and he's 3 yrs old now and won't get any bigger.

My 4 lb female's mom was a larger long haired chi and her dad was also a large long haired and yet the breeder guaranteed my pup wouldn't hit 5 lbs and she's 2 yrs old isn't getting any bigger.

I like my Chis smaller and leaner..I"ve seen too many fat chis that just look like a stuffed hotdog with legs..I know it's not healthy having a Chi that big..not when it's itty bitty legs are just barely holding itself up. I feel for them :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts