Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, after around 5 months of searching, I'm finally bringing home my baby chi man on the 16th of December!

Just a couple of questions...I want to start buying things for the pup, my breeder has informed me that he should be roughly 4 pounds fully grown, so does that mean I buy extra small accessories?

Also is there any wesites you reccomend? Bearing in mind I am in the UK.

I have just bought a crate, how many " are the crates you have?

Thanks peeps!

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Hello and congrats on your puppy! :wave:

Considering that he will be pretty small, I think it would be best to buy smaller things for him. I can't really help with any websites as I am in the U.S.

As for the crates, you want them to be small. Where they can stand up and turn around but that's about it. It's neccessary for potty training for them to be on the smaller side, that way they won't be tempted to potty in there. :wink:

Good luck with your baby! :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your help :)

I'm coming up with sizes on ebay like size 10, size 14 ect :S I'm feeling a little confused.

Merlot, that's a grat name for a chihuahua. :)

·
Banned
123 Posts
Maybe you should wait and buy him clothes, he might not even need them or like them!

Mine weighs just under 4lbs and we use small in jackets for when its blowing a gail!

·
Premium Member
6,744 Posts
i found Twiglet mainly needed clothes when she was small as it was January when we got her she was very cold - if you want him to wear clothes its best to get him used to then early on (as with anything like if you want to use a carrier)

Twiglet wears anything from an XS-S and she is 5lbs the best thing is to measure your dog and compare that against the measurements given for the particular item as dog clothes arent like human clothes (there arent set sizes that are universal) they vary manufacturer to manufacturer and sometime by quite alot - the most important measurements for comfort are the chest and back length

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your help, I'll buy him a few bits and then wait till I see how he grows.

I'm getting him mid December I just don't want him to be cold! I've bought him a nice little coat anyway.

24 days and counting :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts