Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Auggie stood up on my leg this morning and I saw a red spot and thought it was blood I almost had a heart attack. When i started looking at it he has a spot on his neck that is real pink and has almost no hair. Very small spot. It is very close to where his harness sits and we watched him and noticed he is scratching the spot with his hind leg. We have loosened his harness ( even though it was not real tight ) and put neosporine on it to make sure it does not get infected and to help stop itch. I don't know if the spot was because he scratched it first or the harness irratated it first. Anyway does anyone suggest anything better than the neosporine ? :(

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
You could mix cortisone cream with the Neosporin. My vet told me to do this when Tucker had a skin irritation due to a bandage on his leg after his knee surgery. The cortisone would help with any itching or inflammation. :)

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Please keep a very close eye on it.
If it seems to keep getting bigger, or he develops another spot get him to the vet.
I am probably just paranoid now, but that's the way Koke's started and it turned out to be Generalized Demodex. She ended up with little bumps all over her body and then it got real crusty and a lot of her hair fell out.
She was very itchy and licked constantly.

Please just keep an eye on him.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
There is a pet cream called BIOCANE that is great!! I hope poor Auggie gets better and its nothing.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Auggie was much better today. The skin was almost it's normal pink color and he was not itching it much. Thanks for all the suggestions and i will watch it closely :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts