Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, For you computer savy ones.
My daughter will be moving away soon and I am so sad. Both of our laptops have built in webcams. I want to be able to chat with her and see her at the same time. Which programs have you all used and which is better and why? I have Yahoo messanger but it was real slow and would freeze up and the photo was not that clear, not to happy with it.
Thank You so much. I just want to be able to see her and my Mom when we chat on the comp. That is all I want it for. Thanks so much for your input,
Kay

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Aw *Hugs* for being sad she's moving away. Sounds like a great mother daughter relationship! Most parents are happy they are leaving LOL I would go with Skype, it's really good!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
So sorry about your daughter moving away! :( *hugs* But videochatting is a million times better than a phonecall when you're missing someone, since you can see their face! :)

My cousin just got a laptop for xmas.. Even though we live round the corner from eachother.. We videochat everyday! :lol: LOL! We use Skype~ it's the best program in my opinion.. very good video & sound quality too! :D

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for your replys, but our relationship is far from great, its a nightmare that is why she is moving away. So sad because she is my only child and only 17. And hates her father and I. It is hard for me to talk about. I hope she wil come around someday and want to chat with me so I want to be ready.
With Skype do I have to use a headphone?

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Aw I'm so sorry your relationship with your daughter is strained. I hope you can both find a way to repair it, so sad. :(

I use Skype too, it's my favorite of the messaging programs.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
So sorry that your relationship isn't too good right now! :( Hopefully distance will make her realise how much she really loves you and her dad!

Does your built in webcam have a mic? If it does then you don't need a headset! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts