Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
I don't think so, unless of coarse you roll on her, LOL

Are you talking about in bed with you or just in her own bed or on the couch?

My 2 sleep in bed with me and Sandy gets under the sheet and quilt. She usually turns herself around so her head is near the top so she can get out from under if she wants to.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Jazzy doesn't sleep under the covers very much, but my previous chi, Tia, did. It was so cute- I had to hold the covers up for her to burrow under, she would burrow almost to the end of the bed, turn around and burrow back up to the head of the bed till she got her face out. Then she would lay her head on her little pillow. She looked like a little chi person laying there. :lol:

I wouldn't think there would be any danger of them suffocating.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
It is a Chi trait. They love to burrow under blankets to sleep. This is why it's so important to check before sitting down on any furniture that has a throw or blanket on it --- just to be sure that your Chi isn't napping there. :)

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
All three of my girls would much rather burry themselves under a pile of blankets then to sleep on top of them. I swear sometimes I think Ginger will sufficate herself but they are smart...they will come out for air when the need it :wink:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
A blanket won't suffocate your dog unless you put him/her in a plastic bag first. I don't recommend that (the plastic bag).

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
chimom said:
Jazzy doesn't sleep under the covers very much, but my previous chi, Tia, did. It was so cute- I had to hold the covers up for her to burrow under, she would burrow almost to the end of the bed, turn around and burrow back up to the head of the bed till she got her face out. Then she would lay her head on her little pillow. She looked like a little chi person laying there. :lol:

I wouldn't think there would be any danger of them suffocating.
Lanette, this is unrelated to the topic but I've been meaning to ask and I always forget (maybe I should've posted this on the "old age" thread :lol: ). Anyway, do you have any pics of Tia that you'd like to share with us? Maybe you'd even want to put her in as Jasmine's "family" on dogster so she can have her own page?

If it's still too painful I more than understand. It's just something I've thought of a few times and, as I said, I kept forgetting to ask you. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts