Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang! Something happened this past week and I wanted to tell you about it. Most of you know Bonnie, 6 year old longhair. She is a breeders nightmare. Jaw problems, soft palate problems etc.

We have been having extreme cold weather here in Joliet IL. Sooooo I decided to 'roll the windows' up in her little carrier (for ferrets) that she loves. Never would I think that this little change would upset her. First night, panic, drooling, shivering, panting., and after 4-5 nights I realized she had not slept in her carrier. Last night, I rolled up the 'windows' and as I put it down, she was waiting to go in!! I was so sorry that it took me so long to realize this was the 'thing' that was causing so much distress.

Have any of you had a similar experience?

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
My Peso doesnt like change.... if Kody has his spot on the chair he gets all upset and paces until kody moves...I moved the furniture around in the living room... freaked him out for while...

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, I wish I could say all is well----but it ain't! She still is refusing to go into her carrier, which has been with her for 6+years. I put her 'old' pad in it, after washing it, but no go. Last night she really didn't want to go into her pen for bedtime, but did finally. She doesn't cry, whine, or tremble anymore, just won't sleep in it. Lies on the pad, which sometimes she scratches up, so that the rug is underneath. Oh well, as long as her bodily functions go she is fine, so I guess I won't stress about it. I just want her to be happy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts