Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bailey got her last series of puppy shots yesterday and was pretty active afterwards. But today she just wants to sleep. Had to mix cottage cheese in her food to get her to eat since she wasn't too interested.

Is this normal?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Bailey got her last series of puppy shots yesterday and was pretty active afterwards. But today she just wants to sleep. Had to mix cottage cheese in her food to get her to eat since she wasn't too interested.

Is this normal?
Hi,

I had the same issue with my one dog, Lady, the bigger of the two that i have and i can assure you that it is totally normal. Lady was so bad that when taking her for her normal walk, i had to cary her on the way back. She got tremendous pain, she was tiered as if she was really ill and she scared me to bits. I called my vet to discuss it with her and she told me that it is quite common that small dogs like a Chi (Lady is not a chi but not much bigger than one) may feel pain in the entire side where they had the shot. And i am telling you, Lady was screaming, even when i carried her and she could hardly walk the stairs. She had a fever, which can also happen. Basically, she became sick as her immune system fought off the "invading" virus. She became more mobile again after 3 days but was not back to her good old self until after about 10 days so give your little one time and let her have plenty of rest. Lady was exceptional as it took her so long to recover. Need less to say, next year i will plan my holiday around it. But don't worry. All is normal. Even though i know it is hard to see the little girl not feeling well.

Glad that she is back to her good old self.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts