Chihuahua People Forum banner

Sleepy Roxi

998 views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  Ory&C 
#1 ·
Here are some pics of my rescue puppy, Roxi, who is 6 weeks old:

See less See more
#8 ·
A few people have inquired about her, but I am not letting her go to a new home for at least the next week or so. She has a follow up appointment at the vet's next Monday as well. She is on a couple of different medications, and I want to make sure that she is as healthy as possible before she goes to her new permanant home.

#13 ·
trixiesmom said:
She is a real cutie. What all was wrong with her when you first got her. I know you said she was really sick, but I don't remember if you said what was wrong.
I picked up Roxi on Monday afternoon, and as soon as I saw her, I knew that I was going to have to bring her to my vet as a walk-in that afternoon. She was in really bad shape...
She had an eye infection in both eyes, so she is on eye ointment. She has hook worm and tape worm. She was dehydrated, so they gave her some fluids under her skin. She was also malnourished... she hadn't been eating. Oh yes, and she was flea infested. They gave her a bath before I picked her up. The vet thinks that she may have a heart murmur, but she couldn't tell if it was just from the dehydration.

She is doing much better now... what a difference 2 days makes. She is such a sweet and smart little girl; I can't believe that someone could just abandon her. The guy who left her said that he had 2 rottweilers and a chow mix, and he was going to "dispose" of her to them, or let her free if Petsmart wouldn't take her.

#18 ·
She is too darn cute. She does look very skinny. Looks like her attitude is perky. She seems to be very playful in the pictures.

Really does make you wonder how the guy got possession of her in the first place, especially at less then 6 weeks old.

My neighbor is a chi breeder and she won't let her puppies go until they are 12 weeks old, even if they wean by 6 weeks of age. Six weeks is just way too young for any kind of pup to be away from it's mother.

#19 ·
I can't imagine separating a puppy from its mother before 8 weeks of age at the very earliest. She is very spunky and playful... but quite a handful as well!

I left her alone for the first time today since I brought her home... I was gone for 10 minutes because I ran out to pick up some food. I came home to a screaming, crying, whiny chi! Even when I took her out of her crate and held her close, she was still crying. Poor baby.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.