Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start off by saying that when I leave Lily for extended periods of time (3 hours or so) she gets incredibly sad. Not like normal, I miss you sad, but my housemates tell me that she mopes around, won't play, and has her tail between her legs at all times. Well this has happened once before and it happened again today.. she has a mysterious scratch on the inside of her back leg! It looks almost like rug burn. I know this sounds crazy but do you think it's possible that she could be hurting herself! My housemates said something about it and I just brushed it off as silly but I've searched my room and there is nothing that she could have cut herself on! I'm sooo puzzled! The scratch isn't something I need to take her to the vet for or anything but I am going to keep an eye on it and I cleaned it with hydrogen peroxide. What would you do if you were me? Any advice is welcome!!

·
Registered
614 Posts
As weird as it sounds..... when i was a kid and living at home my parents had a Australian Shepherd called Pip.
When ever we would go on holidays and my grandma would stay at our house Pip would fret and nibble her back leg. By the time we would get home (usually a week or 2) there would be a big nasty sore on her leg.
So maybe when you are gone she is fretting and rubbing on something or biting her self. Maybe????? It's just a suggestion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts