Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may remember back when I put leila on a food cutback/green bean diet that I also posted pics of lucy and maybe winston,(can't remember) anway... I did end up cutting back how much food they were getting per meal. They have indeed slimmed down (they weren't fat by any stretch of the imagination) but you couldn't see/feel rib.
So I thought i'd post some pics of Lucy, it's hard to tell on winston with his dark brindle coat but you can see and feel his ribs. Even hubby has really noticed the trimness of these 2.
Here is miss lucy outside this morning.

I cut her back about 1/2 c a day (she gets 1c. per day now). Funny thing too is she never and i mean never wanted to eat in the mornings..it was always afternoon and evening. Well since i cut her food back, she eats in the morning as soon as i put it out. :) Which is great because Leila aka hoover queen ..would eat lucy's as well as her own. (she's so bad) ;)

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She looks great! Good job :) LOL Leila the hoooover. I think it sounds like you have her portions about right as well...b'c she is hungry when you feed her.
Thanks :) She really does look better. I think she's perfect now.
she looks GREAT!!!!....

My MoJie is the same....he can eats anytime and anything...LOL..
Thank you :) Leila is unreal at meal time..she can't hardly wait for me to get the food ready and she scarfs it down worse then my boxer does his!!!! :laughing8: It's really shameful :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try putting some golf balls in their food bowls, it will slow them down -- 2-4 in Leila's bowl, and you can use tennis balls for the boxer ... lol he might eat the golf balls.
haha. I will try that :) I give leila her food floating in water :rolleyes: to control it a bit plus she isn't a big drinker so the xtra water is prob. good anyway.
Winston loves to play with balls, i bet he will pick it up and carry it off. lol

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
She looks great !

She's in bikini shape just in time for spring :)

Since I've been keeping an eye my dogs calories, they can't wait to eat first thing in the morning. I think they are salivating before they get to their feet.

Well done on the weight loss

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
She looks great! Good job :) LOL Leila the hoooover. I think it sounds like you have her portions about right as well...b'c she is hungry when you feed her.
She looks fab well done :hello1:

Louie is a hoover also and licks our kitchen floors cleans for crumbs all the time. He also follows the rabbit and collects any stray poopies he leaves over the house. He also hovers as he eats his brekkie and licks his bowl clean.

And just recently ive caught him stealing bits of his veg and taking them back to his bed and eating it :eek:

Thats good to read as Louie used to leave his old food and pick at it but now hes on Orijen (considerably less to) he gobbles it all up and has slimmed a little :)

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
She looks great !

She's in bikini shape just in time for spring :)

Since I've been keeping an eye my dogs calories, they can't wait to eat first thing in the morning. I think they are salivating before they get to their feet.

Well done on the weight loss
Yeah i'm sure it makes a diff. I never thought i'd see lucy eat her food in the mornings..but low and behold...!

LoL!!! She is very sexy!! Good job getting her weight down. She looks fabulous:hello1:
Thanks :) Now if i could just help myself shed a few LB's ;) lol
She looks fab well done :hello1:

Louie is a hoover also and licks our kitchen floors cleans for crumbs all the time. He also follows the rabbit and collects any stray poopies he leaves over the house. He also hovers as he eats his brekkie and licks his bowl clean.

And just recently ive caught him stealing bits of his veg and taking them back to his bed and eating it :eek:

Thats good to read as Louie used to leave his old food and pick at it but now hes on Orijen (considerably less to) he gobbles it all up and has slimmed a little :)
Leila eats her food, runs over and licks out lucy's bowl, runs back to hers and licks it again...repeat...repeat She's a big ole DORK!!! * The other night one of the kids left some hamburger ontheir plate so i put it in winston's bowl and she was up there (he has elevated bowls) with her paws on the edge trying to eat some right alongside him. He doesn't even get mad!! she didnt get any and i corrected her anyway but it was still hilarious.! :)

Looking good!!!! :hello1: Great job!!!
THANKS!! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts