Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about a month ago we decided to redecorate our kitchen which was great.....til I discovered how hard it is to paint Walls whilst holding a chi!!! Poppy just did not want to be left on the floor & basically kept crawling up my leg!! She even started climbing the ladder whilst I was at the top painting the ceiling, which worried me so much I had to pick her up & hold her in one arm whist painting with the other. After 3 hrs it makes ur back ache!!!
So I had a little look on eBay & bought a sling bag. I think a few people here have them but I had to say I was dubious, I didn't think Poppy would take to it. So I tested her yesterday whilst carrying out a major spring clean of thd house and she LOVED it. She snoozed away with her little head over the edge so she could peek when she thought something interesting was going on! I think I will finally be able to get things done AND have poppy happy! She hates it when iron cos she can't be held! Well that's my excuse anyway!
Here are a couple of little pics of her enjoying her new bed!

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
OMG you two are so cute! :p

·
Registered
86 Posts
aawww.. that is really sweet. I have a sling too and 2 of mine love it. :) Hubby laughs bc my boy gets all excited when he sees the sling now.. hahha

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
How cute! I want one for Cricket so bad, but every time I bring it up with my husband he laughs. She is a dog not a baby lol. Poppy looks very content.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's exactly what I thought about Poppy when we first got her but what I underestimated was how much these little pups love to be babyed! (is that a word!)
I would never have thought to get a sling bag if she didn't love being held & go to sleep in my arms like a baby!

·
Registered
458 Posts
I like that bag. I made my daughter a sling for Venus. I'll add a drawstring to it so Venus is more secure. Venus like being carried in the sling, but I am afraid that she will fall out of it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This one is actually for babies! Human ones that is! Yes it has a drawstring which is a great idea, especially as it doesn't have a security clip for collar like dog bags have. You can make the handle longer or shorter too.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
ADORABLE!!!!!!! I need one of these, but I don't think Roxy will take to it too well! But, maybe she will, just like Poppy did! I'm so happy she liked it! I like that sling too. Cheryl (cherper) made one! It's super cute! You should check hers out. Not sure if you're in to sewing and what not, but you could probably make your own too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts