Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a single-dog, sling-style carrier they like/would recommend?
I'm looking for something to carry Bizkit in when I walk the girls.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kristi, I saw an awesome one today but my budget is def. NOT $149.00!!
I bought some material after work. Thought I'd try my hand at something.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I bought one at the show here while back that I posted about. The pictures do not do it justice and she puts these tabs on it if you request the removable ones so you can adjust it to one or two dogs. She has small and large and they are beautiful. My pics do not do them justice. I swear by them. I see really dull and not very well made one's for around $100.00 or more but these are $50.00.

for some reason this link takes you to my old post so you need to go there and then click on that link for it to take you there?

http://petbedzz.com/

p.s
She still doesnt have the pics up of the slings as she just recently started making them. Just shoot her a phone call and she will help you out. She special makes them if you like as well :)

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought one at the show here while back that I posted about. The pictures do not do it justice and she puts these tabs on it if you request the removable ones so you can adjust it to one or two dogs. She has small and large and they are beautiful. My pics do not do them justice. I swear by them. I see really dull and not very well made one's for around $100.00 or more but these are $50.00.

for some reason this link takes you to my old post so you need to go there and then click on that link for it to take you there?

http://petbedzz.com/

p.s
She still doesnt have the pics up of the slings as she just recently started making them. Just shoot her a phone call and she will help you out. She special makes them if you like as well :)
Wow, those beds are something else! What a talent she has!

Well, don't laugh, but I loved my puppy purse. (The Original PuppyPurse Pet Carrier System: Home Page)
It was a lifesaver when Maya had her leg surgery and couldn't walk on it. She was a puppy and needed to be up and about. The nice thing about these is you can use the handles as a leash too if you want to put the pup down for a while during the walk.
Hey, I'm not laughing. That's an excellent idea!

·
Registered
22 Posts
those slings look cute wonder if an old baby ring sling would work? I baby wear and I am going to get one for my son. DD has one for her dolls

·
Registered
65 Posts
i have this one http://www.petstrends.com/wp-content/uploads/sling-carrier-snoozer.jpg

it seems like it'll hold about 8 pounds. there is usually no bottom/pad at the base of sling carriers, so they are really meant for small(er) weight dogs because they do tend to sag a bit. this one is very well made, with pockets for a cell phone, water bottle and treats. i have the denim color which is dark and we go into stores with it in the neighborhood. i paid $29 on sale from an internet store; the company that makes it is Snoozer

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I have heard that the outward hound one is uncomfortable for the dogs and something else bad about them? I cant remember what it was but I read reviews somewhere and they were not so great. I was originally going to get one a few years ago.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
i have this one http://www.petstrends.com/wp-content/uploads/sling-carrier-snoozer.jpg

it seems like it'll hold about 8 pounds. there is usually no bottom/pad at the base of sling carriers, so they are really meant for small(er) weight dogs because they do tend to sag a bit. this one is very well made, with pockets for a cell phone, water bottle and treats. i have the denim color which is dark and we go into stores with it in the neighborhood. i paid $29 on sale from an internet store; the company that makes it is Snoozer
I cant get this link to open?

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Well, don't laugh, but I loved my puppy purse. (The Original PuppyPurse Pet Carrier System: Home Page)
It was a lifesaver when Maya had her leg surgery and couldn't walk on it. She was a puppy and needed to be up and about. The nice thing about these is you can use the handles as a leash too if you want to put the pup down for a while during the walk.
I have this one that I carry Yoshi in from time to time as his back legs are not so great and he tires easily. He seems uncomfortable in it and I get not so nice comments when I use it :-(

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Quote:
"Wow, those beds are something else! What a talent she has!"

I love them! I have bought a few trunks as well as some other types of boxes, etc.. and got the saw in today so I will be trying my hand at them soon :)

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have heard that the outward hound one is uncomfortable for the dogs and something else bad about them? I cant remember what it was but I read reviews somewhere and they were not so great. I was originally going to get one a few years ago.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

good to know. scratch that one then!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

I saw this one and kind of like it but it looks to me like the dog in the picture is kind of spilling out of it. Am I mistaken? You have it and it works for you?
Thank you!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I saw this one and kind of like it but it looks to me like the dog in the picture is kind of spilling out of it. Am I mistaken? You have it and it works for you?
Thank you!

Why will this link not work for me??

1 - 20 of 28 Posts