Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered SMACK a premade raw diet seems to sound good but not too many reviews on it currently. I did find out that a store near my house sells ziwi peak so I am going to try it out after the smack as the smack I would have to always order and pay for shipping (got free shipping on this order for xmas bonus).

here is a link to it does it sound good???

Smack Pet Food - Raw, Dehydrated Food For Dogs, Natural Dog Food

I got that one but how much am I supposed to feed??? 1 cup seems like A LOT for a little 5lb chi?

Also does ziwi peak come in a bunch of different kinds like the thk? if so which kind is the best? I can't find THK here as of yet so am going to try the ziwi soon.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I picked the very berry since it had the organs!!! But i also would like to try ziwi peak since it's local shipping is an extra $8.90 for the smack on top of the ridiculous amount of taxes we pay lol

I ordered it from a canadian site but I don't think they ship outside of canada.

got it from here

Raw Only | A&A Dogs Eat Raw

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
That food looks great! Looks very similar to Stella and Chewy's, which I use occasionally. I would definitely try it! Awesome that you are going to try the ZiwiPeak as well.

OMG I just looked at that link and you have the option to get so many awesome treats! I would die for those dehydrated quail hearts, duck liver and feet and the bison spleen! Too bad they don't ship outside of Canada. Looks like an excellent store! What a great variety of items. LUCKY YOU!

Raw, Dehydrated | A&A Dogs Eat Raw

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered $80 worth of treats about a month ago and last night just ordered $65 worth with the smack this is the only site I have found that actually ships to canada! I love it I've been waiting to get the green tripe but she said they won't restock until the new year! I didn't get the hearts yet as we got 5 bags in our ss but I want that huge bag on the site haha I got the chicken feet before and just ordered the duck feet she gave them to me for the same price as the chicken since they were sold out and she gave me free shipping as an xmas bonus I couldn't resist buying a bunch of stuff haha

which ziwi peak is good? are there diff kinds? I guess I have to go to the actual store to find out. I wish the smack was sold in my city would be awesome.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
:cheer: for good fuds! I think I already told you but I usually get the venison ziwipeak. The pups love all 3 formulas of the dehydrated (venison, venison/fish & lamb). I think the lamb is stinky but I could live with it if I had to. I just usually get the venison dehydrated because it smells better & then I usually get the lamb wet so I can add 2 different meats into their rotation.

Can't wait to hear how you like the Smack...and ZP!

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha heather I was waiting for u to reply ya u did tell me before but my brain is suffering from some form of dementia lately I can't retain much info lol!!! Does the ziwi have bone in it? I didn't see it in the ingredients just said meat.

My parents won't feed raw so this Is a better alternative hopefully it works out and isn't too expensive.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
No, no bone. Just meat, organ, vitamins & minerals. It has all the nutrients you need because the add the vitimins & minerals so no worries about no bone.

LOL...I know what you mean though! My brain works like that often. ;)

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm starting off with 1 chi if it works out cost wise little boy blue will be getting some too! His diet really isn't working lol I hope it helps his glands too he's always licking his butthole and then probably kisses me after Lololol

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I'm starting off with 1 chi if it works out cost wise little boy blue will be getting some too! His diet really isn't working lol I hope it helps his glands too he's always licking his butthole and then probably kisses me after Lololol
just watch their weight cause our gain weight on Ziwi (I might over feed them).....

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Is Ziwi the only thing you feed your pups? Or do you supplement it with anything? How much do you feed each of them? I'm only curious for future feeding knowledge. :):)
Ziwi is complete and balanced by itself. You don't need to add anything to it at all. When I subsitute it for a raw meal, I give about 10-15 little jerky squares. They are about dime sized? I don't know how much that would measure - maybe 1/4 of a cup? They don't need much as it's ultra concentrated. It's a great food.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I think 1/2 scoop is 25 squares...isn't it Moni? I remember you had me count once. LOL I may be off though since my memory doesn't go back that far. :tard:

I actually found my Chi's lost a bit of weight on plain ZP so I just added a spoonful of wet ZP once a day & it seemed to do the trick. I could have upped their food a bit I suppose but I liked adding in the wet as well. My pups seem to require more than most. Must be all this cold weather. :roll:

·
Registered
912 Posts
Ziwi is complete and balanced by itself. You don't need to add anything to it at all. When I subsitute it for a raw meal, I give about 10-15 little jerky squares. They are about dime sized? I don't know how much that would measure - maybe 1/4 of a cup? They don't need much as it's ultra concentrated. It's a great food.
Thanks for replying. ZiwiPeak is on the way, so I wanted to be prepared and know how much others feed, so I can tweak as needed from their guidelines. :)

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I think 1/2 scoop is 25 squares...isn't it Moni? I remember you had me count once. LOL I may be off though since my memory doesn't go back that far. :tard:

I actually found my Chi's lost a bit of weight on plain ZP so I just added a spoonful of wet ZP once a day & it seemed to do the trick. I could have upped their food a bit I suppose but I liked adding in the wet as well. My pups seem to require more than most. Must be all this cold weather. :roll:
I remember you sent me some pictures too.....I forgot how many squares though....all I know is that I gave them a bit too much....:)...

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Smack came today and the verdict is......... Drum roll......they like it!!!!

Ninja went from 7.4 lbs to 7.0 lbs! Hoping the smack will make him lose more! He feels lighter and looks so good! I'd like him to get down to 6 lbs and see how he looks and then from there decide if he needs to lose more. My family has cut down on sneaking him snacks and I've Been pre pouring his food for him I found out they've been feeding him double!! Well so far it's working! He loves the warm water in the food too instead of eating in 2 seconds it takes 30 seconds lol! The 1kg bag was alot bigger than I expected too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts