Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so Sera is ALMOST fully potty trained, were getting there! When did all your chi's finally get %100 house broken?.. Anyways, for the past few months when she decides she'd rather go on the carpet shes picked a paticular spot to do her business.. i've sprayed it with Natures Maricle everytime she did pee there or around the area, but it had an awful smell so I decided i'd mix viniger and water and soke the carpet with it, once i did that it really smelled like viniger for a bit (more like viniger mixed with pee) so i waterd it down completely, and now it seems alot better but some visitors/family say they can smell it a bit still so i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? (PS - theres sment underneath the carpet so i didnt worry about it doing something nasty to the floor)

Also, if you read my post in the pictures section about Sera getting spayed, then well.. you'll know that shes spayed lol. Anyways, i was wondering if after they do get spayed.. they become more calm and settle down?? Is this true? I've heard it before but i don't really know ... The reason we got her spayed now, when we were orignally going to wait till she was closer to 7 months... well was because I thought she was getting a bit more lovey-dovey so i figured it was about time.. So yeah, any info on that would be gr8!

Thanks guys!

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
How old is Sera now ?

My 2 were house broken at about 9 - 10 months completely :D

you may want to scrub the carpet with a neutralising disinfectant if you can still smell it :wave:

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
shes actually only 6 months so it looks liek we've got plenty of time.. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
My Artie is 4 mos he is potty train about 95% I have train lots of dogs.I take him to the same door every time and i always say lets go potty.When he hears that he gets all excited and goes to the door. i say 95% because when he has to go and if i don't pay attention it is a 10 min time frame he will go only at the back door. :wave:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
lol I hope your are doing your best first to remove the urine from the carpet . just putting something on it will not get rid of the scent. you may have to replace the padding under that spot

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I am pretty sure - i scrubbed it for a while before i did anything, and there is no padding underneath. I'm in the basement =P

1 - 8 of 8 Posts