Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For about the last 2 weeks my sense of smell has gotten really strong..Ive never really been botherd by most scents but lately thre are alot of smells that make me feel like throwing up..Today while at work they were mopping up a spill & the scent of the cleaner made me wanna run the other way...I was also going to make pork chops for dinner but when I unwrapped them the small just really turned me off...Im wondering what is up with me...So I thought Id see if anyone else experiences things like this...

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I was going to say the same thing. When you're pregnant your sense of smell is SUPER enhanced & some smells totally make you wanna throw up even though they never have before. Hmmm....

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok you guys have been no help at all lol I was kinda hoping that there was some other reason I could be experiencing this....

Im also feeling pukey throughout the day...Im not late yet so Im not sure if I could be having symptoms this early..

·
Registered
602 Posts
I went through a stage in my life where my sence of smell went all odd. I freaked out thinking i was pregnate and went to the doc. it ended up being my horemones out of whack. i had to get off the pill for 3 months till it 'settled' and then went back on it and it was fine. he said that the horemone imbalance could have come from things like stress and over working, emotional overwhelming.

hope this helps?

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I had that happen a few months back, hubby and I got all excited thinking we were preggers, as I had a lot of signs (sick, smell etc) but it ended up just being hormonal, much to our dismay (we've been trying for 5 years).

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
I had that happen a few months back, hubby and I got all excited thinking we were preggers, as I had a lot of signs (sick, smell etc) but it ended up just being hormonal, much to our dismay (we've been trying for 5 years).
:( I'm sorry. Have you ever tried to get medical help?

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went through a stage in my life where my sence of smell went all odd. I freaked out thinking i was pregnate and went to the doc. it ended up being my horemones out of whack. i had to get off the pill for 3 months till it 'settled' and then went back on it and it was fine. he said that the horemone imbalance could have come from things like stress and over working, emotional overwhelming.

hope this helps?
phew now that makes me feel better...

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When are you due (for your period)? First Response can tell you yay or nay like 6 days or so before your period. My guess would be pregnancy as well.
IM due on monday I have taken 2 tests (one cheapie one & the other a first response) they were both negative...

·
Registered
912 Posts
Once I was sick like that, I let it "hang around" for about 2 weeks by the time I thought, maybe I should take a pregnancy test? By that time, the doctors confirmed I was 5weeks pregnant...

Best of luck to you! Hope you're feeling better today. :)

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Im the opposite. My sense of smell diminished...i cant even smell poo on my shoe unless its rite by ky face...i think were boh weird apple robot

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh no I forgot all about this thread Ive now become one of those people that posts things & then leaves everyone hanging wondering what happened...lol Well everything is fine my period started a few days early & now Im back to normal well as normal as I can be lol

·
Registered
602 Posts
Wonderful news to hear everything is ok!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts