Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. We are beginning our search for a new smoothcoat pup to
become part of our family. :)
We already have a spayed boy cream smoothcoat boy who is a complete joy, and would love another pup to join our home.

We would prefer a girl puppy this time, but really do not care about colour. I know how hard pups are to come by and I have looked on all the site you have very helpfully listed, such as loot, epupz, admart etc, and have also put a wanted ad on a couple of them.

Any more recommendations at all would be so gratefully received. We live on the Middlesex/Surrey borders, but can travel (our little boy came all the way from Devon!).

Can anyone help point me in any direction!! We are more than happy to go on a wait list for pups that have just been born or may be born soon.

Look forward to hearing from anybody who thinks they might be able to help me. :wave:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
aah thanks Stefanie, :)
I have put a search on loot to notify me if any new ads come on, but they mainly seem to be for chihuahuas wanted, same as me! I know the right pup will come along, I just wish it was sooner rather than later :D

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
its a pain up the *** lol
ive been looking since last year for a smooth black and tan boy :) but absolutly no luck I feel like im looking for a needle in a hay stack lol

yes im sure preloved.co.uk is used for chihuahua ads aswell

and try http://www.friday-ad.co.uk/home.asp &

http://www.adpost.com/uk/ is also useful

http://www.findit.co.uk/search/index.php sometimes has pups on it

http://www.petsmiles.com/classifieds_offered.php may help

also sullysmum posted an amazing list of tons of breeders you could call ----> http://www.chihuahua-people.com/viewtopic.php?t=7014

or contact the kennel club via email and they send you back a list of all of the registered breeders in the uk!~!

Im not sure if she is gone though, but a lady I have been in touch with offered me a smooth girl about a week ago, I could ask if shes still available???

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh Stefanie, you have the most amazing willpower. Well done for sticking to your guns and waiting to find the dog of your dreams. I guess the colour combination you are looking for is very hard to find? Just think how much you will appreciate your beautiful pup when you finally get him/her though! Have you not been tempted to go for another colour :D

I guess I am luckier in that I am not bothered about the colour, but finding a girl available is hard indeed!

Thanks so much for being so helpful and posting some more links, I would never have known to try them. I don't know if this is true of other people, but finding the pups seems to be really good fun! I know it is frustrating but you meet so many friendly people to chat with :D
:wave:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi,
I notice you live near Middlesex please do not buy the puppy advertised on Epupz in that area. I bought Mouse from her 2 weeks ago, she brings pups over from Ireland. Mouse came down with Parvo a week after getting him despite being jabbed she also sells yorkies from Ireland . I wish I had known about her before we parted with our money, we love Mouse to bits but it has certainly been an emotional week and next time we will certainly take our time and go to a proper breeder.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anne said:
Hi,
I notice you live near Middlesex please do not buy the puppy advertised on Epupz in that area. I bought Mouse from her 2 weeks ago, she brings pups over from Ireland. Mouse came down with Parvo a week after getting him despite being jabbed she also sells yorkies from Ireland . I wish I had known about her before we parted with our money, we love Mouse to bits but it has certainly been an emotional week and next time we will certainly take our time and go to a proper breeder.

Anne, thanks so much for the advice. I did see your first postings, expressing concern over Mouse. (love the name by the way!). I already have one beautiful boy smoothcoat, so am not so desperate (if you know what I mean!), I would definitely want to see the pup with atleast mum, and would fully expect to go on a waitlist. But that is not to say anything negative about your experience atall. I am sure all of us would have let our heart rule our heads when we see the pups, and you should take comfort in the fact that you have improved his life a thousand fold, by taking him home with you :)

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Mr Bigs mummy, I have also just been in contact with a lady whom has a litter of fawns, which were born in on may 20th and won't be ready till the end of July. Unfortunatly as great as it sounds Im looking for a black and tan but have asked her of any females for you? Im not sure if you are interested? She said the boys were fawn with black mask, so Im waiting for her to get back to me on the girls for ya! Dunno if your interested but I could pass you r email or something onto her if you like??
Stef x

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
stefanie_farrell said:
Mr Bigs mummy, I have also just been in contact with a lady whom has a litter of fawns, which were born in on may 20th and won't be ready till the end of July. Unfortunatly as great as it sounds Im looking for a black and tan but have asked her of any females for you? Im not sure if you are interested? She said the boys were fawn with black mask, so Im waiting for her to get back to me on the girls for ya! Dunno if your interested but I could pass you r email or something onto her if you like??
Stef x
Stefanie, that would be so helpful, I am looking for as many leads as possible!, do you know whereabouts in the country she is? I would be happy for you to give her my email address. Sorry that she could not help you though :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts