Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Millie is sneezing alot she has proably sneezed 15 in the past hour. Does this mean she has a cold or is sick or allergies? I am confused being that This is my first dog ever. Oh yeah she was spayed yesturday maybe some thing made her sick I just don't know.:(

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Could she have gotten dust up her nose?
If she caught something at the vets it will probably take several days for it to appear. Just like a person, it takes a while (usually 10 days) from the time you come in contact with someone else that has a cold before your symptoms appear.
You want to watch for any yellowish discharge from her nose or eyes. Also watch for any coughing.
If she continues to sneeze through the night, you might want to call your vet tomorrow and ask them what they recommend you do.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I will do that she has seemed to calm down a bit I took out my plug in's and took her out for a min to go potty and she started sneezing less.

·
Registered
11,144 Posts
sounds like millie had a big day yesterday she was adopted and spayed on the same day. i hope she feels better soon :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Millie sneezes

Yes she sure did and I felt so bad it was a long day. I adopted her about 12 noon and then at 1pm they spayed her then at 5 pm I went to pick her up and had to drive in stop in go traffic for 30 min so when we got home she vomited. I was so scared I cryed then I called the vet and they said it was normal but if she kept vommiting to take her in. Good thing she only did it once. She wined last night so I sleep next to her on the floor she slept in her new doggy bed after that no more fussing. In the morning she seemed to hurt so I called the vet and told me to come get some pain meds. I went to work for 3 hrs and my mother in law watched her and when I came home she saw me and jumped out her bed and ran to me waggin her lil tail so I didnt go get any. She is eatting today and has gone potty. I love her so much and would do anything to make her feel at home. Am I crazy for this? Thanks everyone for being so kind to Millie and I. ;)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Silly question!!!!!!!!!!!! Am I crazy for this? Yep. You sure are. Oh, and so are most of the rest of us here. Our chi's are our life. Sounds like you are going to fit in real good here with the rest of us. hehehe

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Is she up to date on her shots? The only thing I can think of is kennel cough maybe? Maybe I'm totally off. Is she just sneezing alot, or does she have any other symptoms? I'm not sure where she was adopted from or if she's up to date on shots, but maybe she caught something at the vet's office if she's not fully vaccinated? I would consider taking her to the vet if she doesn't get better, or at least call to see what you can do. Good luck, and please keep us posted!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Millie

So I called Miliie's vet and I was going to take her but the vet told me give her children's benadryl. She also recommended That I order her some different meds off 1800petmeds So I ordered her allergy meds, Vitamins (omega fatty acid) The vet said she wanted her to take it for her skin because she has a dry skin and also oatmeal shampoo. and some other vitamins. I am not giving her no more human benadrly I just don't feel safe even though the vet said yes I hate seeing my baby out of it. Hey that pet meds site was pretty good I got all Millies meds for less than $50.00.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Wow, that's pretty good. I hope the meds help your baby feel better. Please let us know how she's doing. Good luck! Minky and Minnie send puppy hugs and kisses! XOXOXOX

1 - 13 of 13 Posts