Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
zoey lately has been sniffing her crotch very regularly lately and it's starting to concern me. we have an appointment at the vet on saturday but i'm wondering if anyone else has heard of or seen this. whenever i take her for a walk she stops to sniff her crotch at least 7 times. its sort of funny but also takes us about 20 minutes to walk around the block with her! :roll:

i think this maybe could be a UTI because she also has been having accidents in the house lately after not having ANY accidents for a long time - months & months! which is also driving me nuts!

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
sounds like it, thanks goodness u are going Sat try to take a pee sample with you - feel better Zoey :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Peanut sometimes, more than half of the time that he goes for his walks stops and licks his peepee after he pees.. When he was younger he would never do that and he started doing it when my Fiances dog started to lick his peepee after they walked. Ever since that moment, Peanut does it.

I dont think Peanut has UTI (I just did some research on it) but I am going to ask the Vet anyway. Maybe Zoey just has a -Fetish-? like Peanut. Lets hope that is the case!

Yael

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
zoey is 1 year and 3 months old (almost)

she doesn't only do this after she pees though..... it's completely random. it's a mystery!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Maybe Zoey just likes to clean herself alot. I mean Peanut cleans himself too, but only once in a while does he actually lick his peepee..

She might be doing it to get all of the attention from you because she knows you worry.. HAHA Just kidding :D

Yael

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PeanutButter said:
Maybe Zoey just likes to clean herself alot. I mean Peanut cleans himself too, but only once in a while does he actually lick his peepee..

She might be doing it to get all of the attention from you because she knows you worry.. HAHA Just kidding :D

Yael
haha, she might like to clean herself a lot... i'm not sure! and she is actually licking her "area" :lol:

and of course, she loves attention, and she KNOWS i worry! :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Lola does that too and she doesn't have a UTI. She just likes licking herself there!! :D :roll: she'll do it alot after she's peed to clean herself and also randomly during the day!! I just think she likes to be clean maybe!? She even did it on the bus the other day in front of everyone!! :oops: She has no shame!! :D

Love Lucie & Lola :wave:

·
Registered
936 Posts
PeanutButter said:
Peanut sometimes, more than half of the time that he goes for his walks stops and licks his peepee after he pees.. When he was younger he would never do that and he started doing it when my Fiances dog started to lick his peepee after they walked. Ever since that moment, Peanut does it.

I dont think Peanut has UTI (I just did some research on it) but I am going to ask the Vet anyway. Maybe Zoey just has a -Fetish-? like Peanut. Lets hope that is the case!

Yael

Seiah does the licking thing after he pees too. But he didn't learn this from anyone he always did it :pukeright: .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts