Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am searching for a car seat for the chis and I saw that many of you have the Snoozer Lookout type. If so, would you recommend it? Also if anyone is trying to sell theirs, I would love to hear about it!

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, and they look pretty small in photos .What size would you recommend to fit both dogs?

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I have the medium and I love it. All 3 fit comfortably. I bought 2 extra replacement straps since it only comes with 1. It takes up one passenger seat.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
i have the medium also. it fits my 2 chihuahuas perfect, they love it and i do too. Minnie is around 5 pounds and Tootsie is a big girl at around 9 pounds. they are very comfy in it.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great, thanks! I thought I might have to get the large for two dogs, but it sounds like a medium is big enough. Did it take a while for both of your dogs to get used to riding in it? Mine are accustomed to being free in the car.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
hmmmm there is one for sale at the home sense for 15$ I was thinking of asking if anyone around here is interested

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Did it take a while for both of your dogs to get used to riding in it? Mine are accustomed to being free in the car.
Ruby was settled instantly. Hope (drama queen) cried the first few rides. She still yips some. She was very used to being held in the car. Eden has just been in it 3 times and she is the most "adventurous" of the three. She may have to get her strap shortened. She likes to lay on top of the back of it.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
The snoozer lookout kind?
Yeah I love home sense they have such great deals! I'm waiting for stairs they have to go on clearance I've been eyeing it every time I go in there

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
3 of my smaller pups or two smaller pups and a medium sized pup fit nicely in the medium...now that's not saying much as they are naughty and shove each other out...but you get the idea ;)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Yeah, I love mine!! It's the best car seat I can find. I have a medium and my 2 fit perfect. They are 7.4 lbs and 3.8 lbs. We also sometimes have my sister's chubby 6.6 lb Chi as well in there. A lil crowded, but they love to cuddle. In these pics my girls were more like 3.5 lbs and 6.5 lbs...

It's funny, I just found a small sized lookout at Value Village a couple days ago for $8!

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just ordered the black medium size through amazon.. I also had to buy the extra strap (which is $18, wow! That is a spendy strap lol). I can't wait to get it!

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Minnie used to get carsick when she was a puppy, so then i got this snoozer and it solved the carsick problem! i've been using it for them since they were puppies, they loved it right away. i dont even need the straps , ( although i know its best to use it to be secure), they stay in it, they love it.
i got Peyton, my yorkie when she was 2 years old, she's more of a hyper dog, not as calm as my 2 chi's. i tried her in the snoozer and it did not work out good at all, she would not calm down and relax. so she travels best in one of those hard plastic carriers.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Yeah, I love mine!! It's the best car seat I can find. I have a medium and my 2 fit perfect. They are 7.4 lbs and 3.8 lbs. We also sometimes have my sister's chubby 6.6 lb Chi as well in there. A lil crowded, but they love to cuddle. In these pics my girls were more like 3.5 lbs and 6.5 lbs...
i love the pics of your babies in the snoozer, so precious!!! :)

·
Registered
477 Posts
I've had two medium lookout car seats for years and love them. My dogs love them, too, and enjoy traveling in them. I had two for my two Bichons, but two Chis could ride in one easily.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
i dont even need the straps , ( although i know its best to use it to be secure), they stay in it, they love it.
Girl!! You have to use the straps. Otherwise they are not secure AT ALL! The seat itself, frankly, is just a tall dog bed. It is the straps that make it a car seat. Without the straps, it is like strapping a baby car seat in your car and just sitting the baby in it. They have to be buckled in to make it work. Otherwise, they are not just projectiles in an accident, with this car seat they would be taller projectiles.

I got my 2 extra straps through GW Little. They have discount codes and it makes them a bit cheaper.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Those pics are awesome! Three black chis!! I love the one where they make a circle!!!
I am a big scaredy cat!! I put Angel in a carrier!

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Girl!! You have to use the straps. Otherwise they are not secure AT ALL! The seat itself, frankly, is just a tall dog bed. It is the straps that make it a car seat. Without the straps, it is like strapping a baby car seat in your car and just sitting the baby in it. They have to be buckled in to make it work. Otherwise, they are not just projectiles in an accident, with this car seat they would be taller projectiles.

I got my 2 extra straps through GW Little. They have discount codes and it makes them a bit cheaper.
i know it you are right, i feel like such a bad mom... i did not buy the extra strap. and when we go for short car rides i have not been strapping them in.
when i got the carseat, i was trying to solve minnies problem of getting carsick, and i found that her being in a booster seat really solved it, she never got carsick again.
thank you for the wake up call. i'm going to order an extra strap from GW little :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts