Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may already have heard of this remedy which featured in our newspapers and TV news a few days ago. I've posted a short video clip of the TV news item and also websites for the newspaper article and one on the product. Hope you can view the videoclip OK. It says "even the American Army is trialling it". Apparently the product will be available in a few weeks or so through our GP's here in New Zealand.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411416/604161

www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3376998a10,00.html

www.aveosleep.com

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hubby has half heartedly agreed to enquire about it at our Doctor's when it should be here, but if he doesn't I certainly will! Hehehe, I've thought of something else. :D If I have a grievance with him, I can wait till he's got it attached to his tongue and then give him a piece of my mind. Hopefully, he won't be able to talk back with the thingy in place! :p :wink:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I don't know about that... even though the CPAP machine is NOT the most sexy thing one can use, that tongue grabber looks scary. I wonder how long it would take to get used to something yanking on your tongue.

I'll stick with my CPAP for now LOL

·
Registered
213 Posts
Cooper said:
I don't know about that... even though the CPAP machine is NOT the most sexy thing one can use, that tongue grabber looks scary. I wonder how long it would take to get used to something yanking on your tongue.

I'll stick with my CPAP for now LOL
Just poking my lurker head in to say i sleep with one of those no sex machines to. I was diagnosed last year with apnea

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
LOL Good times, no? Let me ask you this though... the first night you had your CPAP and went to bed, did you wake up and want to kick yourself for not getting that thing sooner? It's not very pretty and OmaKitty likes to put holes in the hoses but I wouldn't dream of going to sleep without it. (Hey... check out the pun!)

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cooper said:
LOL Good times, no? Let me ask you this though... the first night you had your CPAP and went to bed, did you wake up and want to kick yourself for not getting that thing sooner? It's not very pretty and OmaKitty likes to put holes in the hoses but I wouldn't dream of going to sleep without it. (Hey... check out the pun!)
My hubby doesn't think he actually has sleep apnoea and doesn't seem keen on the mask. :roll: However, he was the one to see the TV news on the aveoTSD and told me about it. So anything that will help me get some more sleep is welcome. If he's agreeable to checking that out I'm all for it. I think the reason he's giving it consideration is because it looks such a simple, portable device and he says it doesn't look as if it would be too uncomfortable as it's meant to hold the tongue forward a little with just gentle suction. Maybe Hehehe, it's bacause he was so attached to his dummy as a toddler, he used to sneak it to school in his pocket when he started going to school. :D And this device is also called the "Daddy Dummy". :binky: :wink:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
LOL I told my dad about that (he's got The Apnea too) and he said "hey, it looks like it would be easier to pack!"

My dad is a doofus. LOL

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
my hubby has apnea and is on a Bi PAP machine and he manges to snore right thru that...........needless to say he sleeps alot on the couch :lol:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
KB mamma said:
my hubby has apnea and is on a Bi PAP machine and he manges to snore right thru that...........needless to say he sleeps alot on the couch :lol:
My hubby used a mouthguard thingy for a while (cost NZ$450) and eventually snored just as bad with too. So it just sits in a cupboard. If he's true to his word (he better be) and tries the aveoTSD and it works I will be doing a very jubilant posting here!!! :p

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cooper said:
LOL I told my dad about that (he's got The Apnea too) and he said "hey, it looks like it would be easier to pack!"

My dad is a doofus. LOL
Your dad is NOT a doofus!!! :shock: He's a very wise man with a lot of common sense. :D :wave:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
mychisangel said:
Cooper said:

My dad is a doofus. LOL
Your dad is NOT a doofus!!! :shock: He's a very wise man with a lot of common sense. :D :wave:
ROFL... that's what he says, too!!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cooper said:
My dad is a doofus. LOL
Your dad is NOT a doofus!!! :shock: He's a very wise man with a lot of common sense. :D :wave:[/quote]
ROFL... that's what he says, too!![/quote]
LOL :D Omakitty Too(Angel's new name) told us. :p She's in telepathic communication with your Omakitty! You no longer have ANY secrets, there's a feline spy in your house! :wink: Hehehe We keep saying to Angel "Are you Omakitty too?" :D

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
mychisangel said:
LOL :D Omakitty Too(Angel's new name) told us. :p She's in telepathic communication with your Omakitty! You no longer have ANY secrets, there's a feline spy in your house! :wink: Hehehe We keep saying to Angel "Are you Omakitty too?" :D
That makes sense... OmaKitty loves her grandpa!! In fact, we're leaving in about 12 hours to go see him and Grandma... but don't tell OmaKitty... it's going to be a surprise. If she finds out, she'll hide in the house somewhere and I'll never get her in the car.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
My oldest son is from a previous relationship, and that relationship was dreadful. My ex and I have been separated for over 6 years now, but I still remember that I HAD to go to sleep (well passs out :oops: ) before he did. He would snore so loudly even if I slept on the sofa and closed his bedroom door I could hear him. It was horrid!!!!!!!! There were nights I would kick and elbow him (a bit harder than necessary :twisted: ) to stop him.

Last year a girlfriend he had even LEFT HIM his snoring was so bad. Anyway he went for a sleep study and was diagnosed with apnea recently and had his uvula removed (don't know if I spelled it right...the "thing that hangs on the back of your throat.)
It didn't work and now a surgeon wants to do some nasal surgery. :roll: Otherwise he may have to sleep with an oxygen mask, as he could possibly die.

I guess his newest relationship is on the rocks now because of this. Amazingly he called ME up and asked me for advice, I said "Tell her Stacy said put a pillow over your (meaning his) head. Works like a charm." :wink: I know I'm baaadddd LOL

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Sachem said:
recently and had his uvula removed (don't know if I spelled it right...the "thing that hangs on the back of your throat.)
It didn't work and now a surgeon wants to do some nasal surgery. :roll: Otherwise he may have to sleep with an oxygen mask, as he could possibly die.
yeah my hubby had both of those and it did nothing, they did tell him to lose weight but he has only gained!!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
That's odd that they did the surgery... usually, that's a last resort kind of thing.
Tell him the CPAP machine REALLY works well, as long as you can handle the mask and the fact it will kill any romantic aspirations you have in the bedroom.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Cooper said:
That's odd that they did the surgery... usually, that's a last resort kind of thing.
Tell him the CPAP machine REALLY works well, as long as you can handle the mask and the fact it will kill any romantic aspirations you have in the bedroom.
who is this post addressed to, im losing track :D

if me-- the Cpap did not work as well as his BiPap (unless I have it backwards)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
KB mamma said:
Cooper said:
who is this post addressed to, im losing track :D

if me-- the Cpap did not work as well as his BiPap (unless I have it backwards)
ROFL... I don't know anymore. I actually haven't slept in three days so I'm talking out of my :bootyshake: now. LOL

Did the mask look like this:

or this?

I use the second one... although it's SO attractive and a wonderful replacement for lingerie, it has different parts that break very easily and I find it is hard to keep on your head, especially if you want to lay on your side when you sleep. But I hated the mask... I didn't like being strapped in to the thing.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
he has had both.......I guess the second one but it doesnt fit like that now....it goes behind his ears. This new one (he just found out that you can get new tubes thru ins once a month?) isnt fitting very good, He wears chin straps and all kinds of crap to keep it on.

He sounds like a monster when he tries to talk LOLOLOL

1 - 20 of 31 Posts