Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It snowed here in Oklahoma last night! Did anyone else get that cold stuff??? Hmmmm, so how do I get Mr. Nachos to use the potty outside? He has no interest in going out in it and I don't blame him, but what to do.. just shove him out there? I did that and he stumbled over into the snow and I felt so bad! Awwww.. any thoughts?

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
I shovel a path in the snow for mine, or shovel the deck off. But yes, they must still go outside. I had to go out with them at first (sucked!), to teach them that it was OK. They still don't like it and hustle if its cold or snowy on potty breaks.

·
Registered
266 Posts
We have loads of "annoying snow".
It's really been getting in the way of finishing furnace malfunction clean up.
The professional cleaners were supposed to be finished in a week, but due to the snow there have been more delays added on.
It's really annoying when you have everything in boxes( can't find much), you want it to be cleaned up as fast as possible and then when you have to wait on snow days that leave you stranded.

I thought I was finally to the point I could get out and do some snow shoeing ( hey at least get something positive out of there) so I picked up some winter clothing after I located them in the mess yesterday.
Today I woke up with a terrible raspy throat, I dunno if it's from stress of this ordeal or the fumes at the rental house.

PS: the longer the clean up takes, the longer it takes until I can get a chi.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Roxy is just 5 months. I've had her since she was 3 months. So, I've only had her when it's been snowy! At first she hated it and would stand on my shoe. She would try walking on only two feet so she didn't have to touch the ground with her paws. But, I just kept her out there. I made a path for her all through the backyard to make it easier for her. I also stand out there with her the entire time, which she likes! Just keep your baby out there for a little bit. He'll get used to it after a couple of days or so being out. He'll realize that the faster he goes, the sooner he can come inside and be warm again!

·
Registered
150 Posts
I got really lucky, both my chi and the foster chi are doing exceptional in Alaska. We still have puppy pads down, since -30 ish and snow aren't very conducive to both peeing AND poo, lol, but they both go outside choose one to do and come back in. Course we were in Upstate NY before this and salem got used to snow drifts bigger then him ;)

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
It snowed here in Oklahoma last night! Did anyone else get that cold stuff??? Hmmmm, so how do I get Mr. Nachos to use the potty outside? He has no interest in going out in it and I don't blame him, but what to do.. just shove him out there? I did that and he stumbled over into the snow and I felt so bad! Awwww.. any thoughts?
yep, since I'm right across the state line I got the same stuff you did. lol
Mine don't like it either. I don't know who is worse the chi's or the cresties.
My group all try to stay under the roof eaves so they don't have to walk in the snow. It was really funny to watch Tallie this was her first snow. They want back in before they do their business, I have to be really hard hearted and leave them out till they pee and poo. Otherwise they will all (6) come in and do their business on the rug. Momma's not happy then. lol

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Mine are litterbox trained as Zoey wouldn't dream of going outside in the cold white stuff, she'd rather poop/pee in her crate on her blanket if it came down to it.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I envy all of you who get snow, I would love to wake up one morning to white snow everywhere but it will never happen :(

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
We got ours the other day too. We just got the snow melted from the last batch and then that night it snowed again! I don't mind it though, it's pretty. My girls are brave they run in and run out. Shayley use to be kinda ugh about going out but Kizzie has changed her lol Even though last night before bed I opened the door to let them out and Shayley said NOPE and ran back up the stairs. lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts