Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eden Willow's puppies experienced snow for the first time this week! They seemed oblivious to the cold and were more curious than anything. Most of them tried eating it. It was a VERY brief experience for each of them, but a positive one nonetheless! =D I posted a few pics under General Chat of the snowstorm we got on 12-21-2012, it was the first big snow of the year and if you ask me, just in time for Christmas!

The more they grow the more I am seeing more Yorkie in them. We're pretty sure that's what Dad was. Regardless they are still the center of our world's here; underfoot in the kitchen and they go everywhere we do! In fact, they're coming with to Christmas Eve dinner at my parents' tonight. =)

So, Merry Christmas Eve from everyone at the Lake!!

Spot, now named "Carson" by his new mommy =)

"Patches"

"Leon"

"Eve"

"Spike"

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Zorana!! The puppies are doing wonderful; I am just down to 2 now (sniffle.) Though it hurt to do, I ended up adopting out Eve to one of my best friends and instead am keeping Spike. It was an unexpected change of events; but my friend is a new homeowner just blocks from her local shelter & dog park. She'd wanted a little girl forever, so I knew it was meant to be. I actually met that friend when she was my manager at a doggy daycare back in the day; so I trust her completely. The day this was decided, Spike's owner-to-be ended up with a career change and wasn't going to have the time for him. I took it as a sign and he is happier than ever. Carson is staying until February, he'll be the last to leave the nest; as Patches is already in his new home and my roommates have officially taken on Leon as their responsibility though I still see him regularly. I have admittedly been reluctant to post photos lately after hearing of a couple privacy issues, but they are as adorable and FLUFFY as ever. I haven't a clue what to do with their fur; One of these days I may cave and have a real yorkie puppycut done on Spike as I think he'll look like a little Biewer ; but I've been toying with turning them into Powderpuffs as shaving faces is kinda the only thing I know how to do with clippers. =P Leon is still much smaller than everyone else; Carson is huge in comparison but still only 2lbs. The crates and playpens are all put away as they're well integrated members of the pack now; which finally lets me get back to working on my dining room. =)

·
Administrator
9,991 Posts
Too cute! I hope we get a big snow for Sadie and Sonny! Sonny runs through it like a tornado but really has not seen a lot of snow yet. BG will HATE it!

·
Banned
10,706 Posts
Wow Kat, phenomenal pictures, really wow! Soooo pretty!
The pups look adorable, and the scenery is breathtaking.

The second you think your work load will lessen because
most babies are in their furever homes, you have to work
on your home! Poor babe, you never get a break! Make
sure to have some "Me time". You deserve it, after a job
well done. I'm so proud of you, and happy for all involved.

Hugs. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts