Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Highland , California

Such a well behaved, well adjusted dog.

why, why, why did he stop his car and let him out and drive away?

Even though I had too many fostered pets already, I took him in.....so sure somebody would adopt him within a few days.

many internet posts and a month later, NOBODY has replied to ANY of the ads.
that is sooooo odd.

I have too many pets.
is there some way I can get this lil guy to a new foster home?
he seems to be a fairly young adult.
likes kids, cats, and dogs .
Seems to me he's NOT neutered

--(continued below photo)--

.....or maybe somebody can tell me what i'm doing wrong when posting my fosters for adoption
---(nobody ever replies to the ads about my other pets either)

·
Registered
370 Posts
i had read a post recently saying people just arent adopting adult dogs like they used to.its sad-poor thing prob waited 4 his 'best human friend'.i dont know what to tell you about finding a place 4 him.2 of my pups were ones i was fostering but they ended up being permanant.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
I really don't understand. In the uk I looked every where to adopt or foster or rescue a chi but there was none. If you want a chi in the uk they cost so much money. How comes in America there are so many without homes. I would adopt a chi any day if I found one but there are non what so ever. These little dogs do not deserve this and I really hope you find a home for this little guy. If only you was in the uk I would have him xcxx

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Have you tried working with a rescue group or advertising on PetFinder? Several of my friends have had success even posting info on Facebook.

Just some suggestions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rescues, petfinder, many classifieds sites, forums, and facebook too......i've been all over the net.

somebody had success posting on facebook?
any chance you could still find one of those succesful postings?
i'd be interested in seeing the difference between those and mine.

Have you tried working with a rescue group or advertising on PetFinder? Several of my friends have had success even posting info on Facebook.

Just some suggestions.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Thanks to the hard work and dedication of people like you, we got both of our dogs from PetFinder.com.
I always appreciated the posts that had more than one photo and a good, honest description of the dog and its needs, strengths and weaknesses.
Also, words are powerful: A well written ad can really grab the reader and get them to consider your foster.
Go to PetFinder.com and search for 'Friends of the Memphis Animal Shelter'. They often have great examples of well written adoption posts.
Hoping something in there helps. I think it's great that you are doing so much to help so many animals! Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I really don't understand. In the uk I looked every where to adopt or foster or rescue a chi but there was none. If you want a chi in the uk they cost so much money. How comes in America there are so many without homes. I would adopt a chi any day if I found one but there are non what so ever. These little dogs do not deserve this and I really hope you find a home for this little guy. If only you was in the uk I would have him xcxx
same here in Canada I'm a waiting foster home for a chi. You also don't ever see small dogs in shelters here only the big dogs. I'm not sure why there are so many in the states too many byb?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts