Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got Stewart I had him at my mom's alot so he would get used to other family members and not be so scared of them. Well it worked great...but there is a funny little side effect to it.

My mom calls herself "gammies" to Stewart...since I have no children she thinks of him as her grand-puppy. Well if I mention "gammies' or "uncle bredley" (which is my brother) - Stewart freaks out. He jumps in my lap and starts licking me and running around. If I am on the phone with my mom he jumps in my lap and starts licking the phone!

He is so funny!!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Oh lordy... welcome to my world. Cooper knows a few peoples' names and, depending on how he feels about that person, he acts accordingly.

If I say Grandma and Grandpa, he runs to the door and starts doing the happy dance. My parents live 3 hours away, so he doesn't see them all that often.

If I say Aunt Jane or Aunt Heather (two of my friends), he just about pees on himself. He does the happy dance, the shaky happy dance and looks at my shoes like "let's go see them!!"

And watch out if any of those people are on the phone because you've got Cooper in your face, licking everything and listening to their voices.

Here's a side note ... if I say the word "coffee" or "Ruta Maya" (my coffee shop), he runs to the door as well, thinking we're going to get coffee. When we get there, if you tell him to "go to Ruta Maya" and let him off-leash, he runs directly onto their patio.

I used to spell things... now he knows how to spell. I have started using code words for all things he reacts to and I'm waiting for him to figure those out too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh that is a sweet story too...

Stewart has started to pee himself when he sees my brother...he hears his name and he is ok, but lordy don't let him see Brad!

If I ask Stewie if he wants to go outside he is at the door and whining half the time before I am able to get my shoes on.

I just love my dog!! :D

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Stewarts mom, that is so cute....

Gadget can't even hear the neighbors truck pull in or the word Jack because he gets so excited.. almost as excited as he does when dad comes home...

and don't say the word bubba because he wants outside to play with his friend and he gets so excited... he runs around my feeet until I get the door open...

when you say Linda he is even more excited... He loves going over there... he spends alot of time with her... she is his doggie sitter... When we are outside and he sees her if he is on his leash he will stretch it out completely and runn as fast as he can to her trailer... So when I am getting ready to go someplace where I can not take him he gets all excited because he thinks he;'s going with me... then I ask him if he wants to go see linda and he runs to the door and barks... as if he is telling me to hurry up.............

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Those are cute stories. Yeah, they are smart little critters.

When I go get my purse and put on my shoes, Jazzy knows I am going somewhere, and she runs to the front door and jumps up on the chair by the door. If I ask her if she wants to go with mommy, she gets all excited. But if I say, do you want to go see Faith (her little doxie buddy), she goes absolutely nuts-running in circles and doing zoomies around the house! When we turn onto my daughter's street, she knows where we are going and starts whining to get out before I can even get the car stopped. :lol:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stewart doesn't yet go to the door when I have my keys or shoes...but Ernie does! My JRT will run to the door if my mom picks up her keys...heck Ernie even knows if my mom lets him out in the morning and still has on her nightgown that it is the weekend and he gets to go back to bed....if she is dressed she is leaving

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Stewart's Mom said:
Stewart doesn't yet go to the door when I have my keys or shoes...but Ernie does! My JRT will run to the door if my mom picks up her keys...heck Ernie even knows if my mom lets him out in the morning and still has on her nightgown that it is the weekend and he gets to go back to bed....if she is dressed she is leaving
I swear Lily has the whole clothing thing down pat. She knows my nightgown is "staying home" and regular clothes are "going out."

I can go downstairs to the laundry room and she never follows me... because I don't have my purse with me. But let me grab my purse and try to sneak out to the market and she's downstairs by the front door waiting to go with me. :lol:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Cooper said:
Oh lordy... welcome to my world. Cooper knows a few peoples' names and, depending on how he feels about that person, he acts accordingly.

If I say Grandma and Grandpa, he runs to the door and starts doing the happy dance. My parents live 3 hours away, so he doesn't see them all that often.

If I say Aunt Jane or Aunt Heather (two of my friends), he just about pees on himself. He does the happy dance, the shaky happy dance and looks at my shoes like "let's go see them!!"

And watch out if any of those people are on the phone because you've got Cooper in your face, licking everything and listening to their voices.

Here's a side note ... if I say the word "coffee" or "Ruta Maya" (my coffee shop), he runs to the door as well, thinking we're going to get coffee. When we get there, if you tell him to "go to Ruta Maya" and let him off-leash, he runs directly onto their patio.

I used to spell things... now he knows how to spell. I have started using code words for all things he reacts to and I'm waiting for him to figure those out too.
I'm pretty sure there's at least one dialect of Chinese that he's fuzzy on. You might wanna try learning a new language. :D

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Chihuahuas are extremely smart/intelligent and it has always amazed me of the many words they learn and understand. This is why i have always talked to my chis like they were people. And this is why they understand what i say to them! Around here, we have to "spell" some words in from of the babies. lol :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
oooh they are so smart!
Do you all have young baby's?

my baby's are 7 to 12 years old, hahah, they don't dance.

Whenever I pull out their harnesses, they get excited and come running (eccept Venice, she crawls in her Iglo).

When my hubby (or me) says "Car" they go running towards the car en do rounds until we put them on their seat.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
deano knows "want a wee?!?" because if you say that to him he starts jumping around and doing mini zoomies. (My manchester terrier used to know burgerlars - which shes growl and bark, bibi's which were birds which she would bark, and lol :oops: sausages lol - which shes bark at lol!!!)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I talk to Stewart all the time...some times he looks at me like I am from Mars but that is ok, I call him my little alien all the time. With those huge ears of his he has to be from another planet! :lol:

It is really funny that my mom loves him like she does because when we got our JRT I wanted a Chihuahua and mom said she didnt' like them and didn't want one. So when I bought Stewart I was afraid of her reaction - she adores him though. She said you can't pick your grandchildren and you have to love them...hehehhehehe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts