Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
9,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many do not know the story of my Huly (Real name Chihuly) but his story is here:

http://www.chihuahua-people.com/other-pets/116593-huly-story.html

So long story short for many years I felt like I was fighting alone in this world for his life between bad Vets, teachers who made my niece draw a pic of a cat with two eyes instead of drawing Huly (me and the teacher had a chat lol), to just about anything. There were a lot of tears involved crying to my mom etc. I finally got a reprieve when I met DogGone Natural & Dr Grasso. Finally some help and someone who was just as passionate about Huly as I felt.

Then I came across a book by Gwen Cooper called Homer's Odyssey. I laughed, I cried, I couldn't believe someone had another Huly. Someone felt the same way I did about a special needs cat (don't tell Huly I said that, he doesn't know he is special needs).

Gwen Cooper - Homer's Odyssey

It is my all time favorite book. I swear I have 5 copies LOL. I have kept track with Gwen and Homer and her other kitties throughout the years by facebook etc. This past weekend she put out a request for cat selfie photos so I sent a couple of my Huly.

I received this yesterday "Hi, Christie, and thanks for your insanely adorable submission! :D Out of more than 4500 entries, yours has been selected as a finalist for inclusion in "Kittenish."" Huly's photo is going to published in her next book! I can not express into words what this means to me. Someone thinks Huly is as special and as handsome as I do. I am just beyond words but SO EXCITED!

If it is out in time I know what everyone is getting for Christmas LOL

·
Registered
732 Posts
Congrats! That is fantastic!

I love that people open their hearts and homes to special needs animals.

And, by the way, I once had a one-eyed cat as well! The little special ones just need more love and they give you even more in return. They are wonderful!

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
That is so exciting! Congratulations to the insanely adorable Huly. I can't wait to see the photo in the book. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts