Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had major issues with OH resulting in me being on the verge of leaving him. neither of us really want that so we are trying hard to work things out.

One aspect we let slide was spending time together away from horses, dogs or his croquet.

So when I mentioned about spending time together, going to theatre or something he replied "Do it, book up"

So come 3rd February we are off to see the new Holiday on Ice show "Energia" I can't wait, the trailers look awesome and it is advertised as the best ever skating on Ice performance ever.

Its been years since we did anything like this. So looking forward to it.. :p

Deme x

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I hope everything works out for you guys, and that movie sounds cool :)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
thats brilliant - I really hope things work out for you

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Its not a movie, it is an Ice Skating show, it has been advertised on TV and the stunts they do are amazing, I couldn't do them with my feet on the ground never mind with Ice skating boots.

I wish it was Feb lol

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Thats great you have a date!
You will enjoy it!!
We do date night every friday night here.
We take turns choosing the evening out.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DM.. We can't arrange things on a regular basis like you as Brian is often away working and some work can come up unexpected.

But this is just the start of somehting which I hope saves our relationship.

It has been an up and down hill spiral for 5 years with so much stress and tension.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
hey deme, personally i think talking it out and really seeing if u have a future with ur hubby is the best way to go...because things like watchin shows will "pass" it will be at that moment type of thing... :sad5:

but! i hope you enjoy it :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
That sounds really fun.

We have tickets to see Cirque De Soileil here in a few weeks. Can't wait.

Doing something out of the ordinary is a great way to put that spark back in a relationship and to remember why you are together in the first place... enjoying each other's company and having fun. :) Good for you! I bet you will really enjoy your night out.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey deme, personally i think talking it out and really seeing if u have a future with ur hubby is the best way to go...because things like watchin shows will "pass" it will be at that moment type of thing... :sad5:

but! i hope you enjoy it :)
I have tried talking for 5 years, goes liek this

"Brian we need to talk"

"Yes I know"

That it, then he says nothing, like its just gonna go away if he says nothing.. the thing is, he done the ultimate in betrayal and on the occasion where he talks a little he ends up shouting then storming off in a mood.

Why are men so childish, mind he was spoilt as a kid and always thinks no matter what he does no wrong... oh and he is old.... 54... so should know better. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Oh boy....lol my bf is the total oppositr. He wants to talk when i dont sumtimes. Im the one that storms off but he catches me before i reach the door..:we fight a bunch too but we know how to settle it at the end. Majority of the times its me that over exaggerated the whole argument. So is it u or brians fault that starts the arguments? Sometimes a tad bit of the guilt trip is in order for him to remember that he cant get any better than u. Are the fights serious arguments or small petty ones?

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
spending time together like that is GREAT me and my oh have been trying to do the same we have been so independent that we weren't spending ENOUGH time together so now we are trying to include the other person in each others plans, so far so good. we have been together for over 5 years and I have gone on 6 vacations without him as well as many other events but it eventually was putting a strain on our relationship so I decided that we needed to get the spark back because we have dogs sounds silly but I don't wanna lose my Prada and he won't sign over 100% of her rights to me LOL! we actually do want to be together and get along really well but rarely seeing each other/hanging out separate 100% of the time isn't good for anyone. I wish you lots of luck on your date sounds like it is going to be tons of fun I'm glad for you that he agreed to it! I bet feb won't come fast enough :D

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Sounds like so much fun Deme! It can be so hard to make time to get away and do something fun together thats out of the norm. Its so easy to get trapped in a routine and do the same things, have the same arguments, etc. Good for you both for changing things up!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't really wanna go into the reasons etc but the quarrels we do have are all down to what he did.

Anyway at least this seems a step in the right direction and he is really pleased about going to see the show with me and he paid for it all.

I may treat him to a KFC lol

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Deme, forgiving a bad betrayal is very hard but it can be done. I am afraid you will be the one that has to "put it aside" and find forgiveness. He is with you right now and that is a big step for him, alot of men would have just run away. Having a fun night on the town will be grand. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Awwwww, Dawn, that is awesome!! So happy to hear things are going better. With a little work, and some alone time, you guys will be like new lovers again. :D Best wishes!

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Very cool! :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts