Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was just sitting here, Hershey asleep curled up against me, and I was thinking.... I love this little guy so, so much! I didn't think you could love anything so much! I LOVE my cats and ferrets, a ton, but it just seems different with Hershey. Maybe it's just cause he is my first little pup??? And he is just so tiny and adorable??? I don't know. All I know is when his sweet little eyes stare at me, I completely melt. I seem to never tire of giving him kisses, especially gentle kisses on the soft spot of his little head. Oh, and especially the kisses I get to plant on the side of his little face and on the floppy ears. :love4: Course, I think he would rather I didn't do so much kissing, but it just can't be helped. LoL! :lol:

Just thought I'd share my thoughts and feelings with other good people who dearly love their Chi's. :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
You're so lucky to have Hershey :love8:

You know it's so funny but I have been thinking that there is something so special about the people who have chi's. They seem to be more sensitive and loving than other breed owners. Everyone here is so creative and sweet and loving. Everyone here is so nice, not just to there chi's, but to everyone here too.

it just seems like it's just a meant to be soul mate bond that we all share with our babies & it makes me wonder how everyone came to have their chibaby in their lives.

I love all animals so much too but it's just so crazy how much I love my chibaby and it's just amazing how he came, at just the right time with so much love & he just filled up this hole in my heart.

I have had other dogs that I love dearly, so much, but there is just something about my Oliver :angel5:

·
Registered
567 Posts
oh i surely know how you feel, I love my Yoda baby so much its hard to believe but sometimes i wanna cry cause people thinks im nuts cause he is all i talk about. AM I OBSESSED?? You bet i am! I love him so much. I would be so lost without him. I cant wait to show him to my mom and dad for the first time in sept... :D

Oh and i kiss him on his cheeks too and his soft spot :D

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I can tell ya how I came about getting Hershey. My Husband and I had wanted a little indoor dog for quite some time. I had mentioned for a while that I'd like a little Chihuahua. A few weeks ago we decided to look in the paper and see what the Chi's were costing and see about making some calls. We called several different people who had Chi's that needed homes, but I was unimpressed with how most of them talked.

I finally called a nice lady that lives about an hour from me and talked to her a good while about Chi's and her experience with them. Turns out she has been breeding Chi's for quite a while. She impressed me with the knowledge she had and how she spoke. My Husband and I decided we'd meet up with her and have a look at the pups.

When we got together, I saw the 4 or 5 pups she had and fell in love instantly with Hershey. In fact, I never even held any of the others, just Him. I just knew he was the one for me, though they were all very pretty little Chi pups. I decided right then and there I wanted him, so I got him. The breeder talked with us a while, gave us his paperwork and we went on our way. I've spoke to the breeder several times since coming home and she has been very helpful and interested in how Hershey is doing.

That's how we got Hershey. Now I don't know how I could ever be without him. He is our baby and destined to be spoiled rotten, especially by His Mommy. :D He is treasured by all the members of my family, they just adore him.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I felt the same way when I saw my Oliver. I looked at him and i just felt my breath taken away. Honestly I couldn't breathe! Then once I picked him up, he nuzzled right into my neck and was just holding on to me so close, I never felt anything like it, so much love.

When it came time for me to bring him home, I was in the car and I just started to cry bc I was so happy and Ollie climbed up and licked my tears away! I couldn't believe it.
He is just my little hero, my everything.

I am so proud of him for so many crazy things! Just like you guys here, when you are so proud like the first time they lift their leg, or make it off the couch by themselves or just the craziest things I never dreamed I would think are important!

And I am a huge dog and animal lover too so thats why I am just throwen for a loop at how much I am in love with him, how obssessed I am too, just like you guys

and like you said, it's is just so wonderful to be able to have someplace to come and share all this :love2:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
I've had lots of dogs and of course I've loved them all. But with Lily it's so different there should be another word besides "love" to describe how I feel about her. She's the last thing I think of at night and the first thing I think of in the morning and I think about her a gazllion times during the day (it helps that my office is papered with Lily pics :lol: ). When I leave work and I'm on my way to her daycare, it always feels like Christmas morning, knowing I'm going to see her again.

Sometimes I look at her and I almost can't believe she's mine. How did I ever get this lucky? She is my heart and soul and I'd be completely lost without her. :love5:

I've told Lily's adoption story here before... if anyone wants to read it you can check out her dogster page. If you do, please take a look at my Gracie's page too. :)

·
Registered
246 Posts
Oh my gosh....I can feel all the love in your heart right thru this screen! I am so sorry abour Gracie, I am so sorry that you had to lose her.

Lily is beautiful, I love your pictures. they're very artistic too, like a professional photographer :) I love her polka dot harness. She's so lucky to have a Mom like you! And I can't believe she goes to daycare! She must have a blast. I wish I could take my babies to daycare. I feel so bad thinking about them home alone.

I can't wait to start a dogster page, I am just having to develope my pictures. I have to get one of those darn digital cameras already!

·
Registered
718 Posts
LuvMyChi said:
I was just sitting here, Hershey asleep curled up against me, and I was thinking.... I love this little guy so, so much! I didn't think you could love anything so much! I LOVE my cats and ferrets, a ton, but it just seems different with Hershey. Maybe it's just cause he is my first little pup??? And he is just so tiny and adorable??? I don't know. All I know is when his sweet little eyes stare at me, I completely melt. I seem to never tire of giving him kisses, especially gentle kisses on the soft spot of his little head.
My sentiments exactly!!! :)

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
ChiChiMomma said:
I love her polka dot harness.
I have to tell you that I bought that from Mia's mom who made it along with a matching leash. It's Lily's very special party harness dress (well, it's her only dress at this point :lol: ) and Mia's mom did an awesome job on it.

Thank you for your kind words, especially about my Gracie. Thinking of her still brings a tear to my eye and probably always will. :)

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I know how you feel....I love Gizmo so much my heart melts every time he looks at me....when he is sleepy and he just stares at me with those big hazel eyes....sigh'

How he always follows me, when I am cooking he is by my feet....when I take a shower he waits at the door for me....he is as obsessed with me as I am with him...he is all I talk about...even my students know about Gizmo....even my husband who oves him but wasn't so attatched until now, now calls himself Gizmo's daddy and is ALWAYS cuddling him....it's so sweet when I see them together, I get this sense of pride and happiness...HUbby comes home now and runs to Gizmo first and then me... :wink: hehehehe...he calls him his little choopie

I feel so much love for him I sometimes get tears in my eyes because I am so blessed to have such a wonderful little boy....and the best part is he loves me too!!! :angel5:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I feel the same way about scoot, because I got to pick him out, and he is mine. We went into the pet store,(but it wasn't much of a store so to speak, but a lady who sold her friends who are breeders dogs, just a few breeds,) looking for bostons' then just out of curiousity i asked to see the chihuahua's she brought i few out, and they were very small.. i didn't want one sooo tiny what cheap people call "tea cups" i just wanted a regular size chi, preferably on the bigger side because i have 2 bigger dogs, one big and one small.. but still bigger than him, then she brought out a little yellow lab colored chi with green eyes and i knew he was my baby. I held him for 2 hours, then called my dad, the reason i was even allowed to get a dog, was that my 2 year old brother is allergic to cats, we just found out. So we have to find a home for the cats, one is mine and one is my step moms.

My dad said i could get a small dog, so we called the lady she has all small breeds. So we went, when i called my dad he said no, no chi, it will get hurt in our house it is to small no. And i was upset. as i usally am when i am told i can't have something (like any kid) but i was really really upset we were at the burger king across the street and i was balling my eyes out i was so so upset. My stepmom and I decided we would go back and put a deposit on him anyway. When i got home i begged and pleaded with my dad and all he said was "no" so then my stepmom explained how upset i was, i normally don't cry or anything so i think he got the idea and he said fine you can get him but when you are here( i am at there house everyother weekend) he is your responsibilty. And boy did he mean that, the night we got him, i slept with him on the couch it was hotter then hades in the office, and i was sweating up a storm. scoot didn't want to sleep it took me until 3 in the morning to decide to let him sleep on the couch and i would sleep on the floor.

then scoot was sick. just sick i have no clue what was wrong but it all got fixed. when we brought him home from the emergency vet they gave us this "special canned food" it gave him diahrrea i think it was too rich for him. SO i gave him regular food, problem solved. he was fine. That night scoot would not sleep. he had diahrrea 7 times in an hour, but was running around happy and fine, it was midnight and i was really tired. but i stayed up w ith him all night around 2 he fell asleep so i did too.. i woke up 4 to him running around again, so i stayed up with him until seven.

Having a dog is a lifelong commitment, but one of the most rewarding ones in the end.

Looking as scoot. No matter how bad he is or how many issues he has or anything i will always always love him. He has a place in my heart like no one else. When i am in the house he follows me around everywhere. I have a habit of carrying him a lot too. Everyone loves him. But i doubt they see him like i do. My dad loves him and is always laughing about what scoot does. I love my baby more than anything else.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
xx-nathalie-xx said:
it sometimes hurts ,the way i love them ........it's just too much to be healthy i think :?

kisses nat
It probably isn't healthy to love them as much as we do... when they're gone we will be insane with grief. But I think you just have to surrender yourself to loving them and deal with what happens when it happens. I can't hold back my love just because I know it will hurt more in the end. You can't either, Nat. :)

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
When I'm angry, sad or just not feeling well Chico seems to know that I need extra love. I fall in love with him everyday. I have owned animals almost all of my life but as someone else said it's just different with my Chi.
His entire world revolves around me and he is always happy to see me. He gives me kisses all the time and he even has a special squeaky-bark that he only uses for me. I just love him so much! I don't know what I would do without him.

I think that the bond between Chico and I happened so quickly because he got so sick the first day that I had him, I probably should have been suspicious of the fact that he met me in a parking lot to sell me a dog. The breeder (of the backyard variety) sold him to me with hookworms. I woke up at 3 am and my baby couldn't even hold his head up. I took him to the ER and it still took another day to discover what was wrong. I had called the breeder to let him know that he was sick and begged him to help me with the vet bills. He not only refused but accused me of poisoning him. He said he was going to call and have him put to sleep and then would give me back my money. Well, I called him a few choice names and hung up and imediatly called and told the vet not to put him to sleep. I later found out that the worms had caused his potasium and blood sugar levels to drop so low that he had begun having seizures. and according to the vet it takes a long time for the potasium to drop that low so he'd had the worms for a while. I was so angry that I called and stopped payment on the check. When I brought Chico home from the ER he was so active and lively it was worth the $400 vet bill.
I don't know if it was the maternal instinct that caused me to feel like I did all I know is that when I took him to the ER I had not even owned him for a full day and I was weeping.
It's 4 years later and I have never once regreted buying him, not even through the next to impossible potty training lol.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LuvMyChiwawas said:
When I'm angry, sad or just not feeling well Chico seems to know that I need extra love. I fall in love with him everyday. I have owned animals in almost all of my life but as someone else said it's just different with my Chi.
His entire world revolves around me and he is always happy to see me. He gives me kisses all the time and he even has a special squeaky-bark that he only uses for me. I just love him so much! I don't know what I would do without him.
Awww, that is sweet! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts