Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bailey is getting fixed on Monday and I'm so nervous. She 11 months and not quite 6 pounds. I just know I'm going to cry when I drop her off. :(

·
Registered
946 Posts
Be brave Missy! Most of us go through this, it is always nerve racking, but worth it! Remember to ask for any retained teeth to be extracted! Hugs...:)

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
Aww. Good luck, Bailey! I'm sure she won't need it. I think we all go through that when our pets are altered. You'll be so relieved when it's all over, and you'll never have to think about it again.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
It's okay...when I left Taz I made them promise me that they would take extra good care of her and then I got teary eyed even though they promised. Your girl will be okay and you can lavish a little extra attention on her when she gets home. (((( Hugs!)))))) I will think good thoughts for you!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just dropped her off. Surgery is between 12-2pm then they'll call me. Definetly got teary eyed!! I know she'll be ok and I love my vet, was just hard to leave her.:(

·
Registered
786 Posts
Good luck, Bailey!!!! Mine is nearing that age as well - only 1.8 lbs, though. I'm nervous as well, to say the least! Let us know how it goes. She'll be in my prayers - good thoughts coming your way!

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
well wishes!!! Cocoa was neutered this past Friday... he was up and playing the next day.... keep us informed!
*hugs*

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Vet just called and Bailey is all done! It went perfect!!! She had 2 teeth pulled! I can't pick her up for awhile but I can at least relax now!

Thanks for all the well wishes!!!!:toothy10:

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Aww I'm happy Bailey is coming home soon! You now have an excuse to spoil her rotten! lol Big kisses for her! :daisy:

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How long did it take your Chi to come around? She's pretty drugged still. And when did they want to eat? I know each Chi acts different but just was curious...

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
I think it depends on the type of anesthesia and they type of pain meds they are given.

Tomorrow morning you will notice a big difference. At least she should sleep well tonight and she needs that to recover well.

Hope you both get some rest tonight!

·
Banned
5,610 Posts
Odie was sick (tummy issues) after her spay, so she didn't eat a full meal like she normally does until a week after. The vet told me that even without diarrhea, it's normal for it to take a couple days for them to get their appetite back. Make sure she's staying well hydrated.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I'm late on this but, hope she is feeling better today! If you have any concerns I wouldn't hesitate to phone the vets office to ask any post op questions. Alls probably fine, but sometimes we as pup parents need some reassurance!
IMO though, sounds normal :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts