Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know Nibbler suffers from medically diagnosed anxiety and is on medication and a behaviour modification plan. Much of his modification plan revolves around keeping him feeling safe but we have also started to counter-condition him to strangers and dogs.

I set up a session with a friend yesterday and he was amazing!!! He was able to take treats and look at my friend and her dogs and then return his gaze to me without the need for a cue. He did some of his tricks and we did some parallel walking with my friend and her dogs. He did bark at some teenagers that surprised us :foxes15: but he recovered almost instantly :toothy8:

I was so proud of him. He's still a work in progress but gradually he is starting to feel happy in his own skin and more confident out and about. He is so courageous that it inspires me.

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for all of your kind words. He has come so far already and I'm hoping that with continued behaviour modification that he can be even more comfortable with his place in the world. He's recently started sniffing, peeing and pooping on walks which he was too hyper vigilant to do before. Day by day we're getting there. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts