Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My beautiful Bella is back home after her spay, she seems ok but keeps making little squeaking noises, I guess thats normal after what she's been through, whoever on the forum who said to buy a jar of baby food is a genius, she's just had a tablespoon of it and seemed to really enjoy it. Not sure what the evenings gonna bring but we are all prepared for a long night, just so relieved its all over with.:)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Lisa, the vet didn't give me any pain med to bring home, I did ask for some but she assured me that the painkilling injection that Bella had after surgery will last 24hrs, to be honest I wasn't that convinced but didn't want to argue with her ! I hope she's right. She said she didn't want us to spend extra money on painkillers we might not need and although I said I didn't mind whatever the cost she wasn't having any of it, see how she minds when I'm ringing her in the night !!! I bought a couple of jars of chicken flavoured baby food fron asda, just make sure it hasn't got any onion in it. Bella has already had a good teaspoon of it, mind you i did feed her with a plastic spoon like a real baby. x

·
Registered
256 Posts
I don't expect my vet will give me pain meds either. he wont normally for the guinea pigs that get neutered with him.

What's she look like (wound wise)

Poor girl, I am so pleased for you she's okay and hope she's up and happy really soon.

x

·
Registered
89 Posts
I am so pleased to hear little Bella is doing well after her spay. It's pretty scary when they are so little and can't tell you how they feel. Button is booked in for her spay on Thursday and I have been given permission to be with her in theatre. I will be reading up on the "calming signals" Tracy posted (I think Button and I will both need as much calming as possible LOL)
I hope you both have a good night and that Bella is not in too much pain. Keep us posted!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts