·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Toltec

Chihuahua: An adoptable dog in EDMOND, OK

Small • Senior • Male

Update 4-2-11
Hey, this boy has come a long way! He was neutered this past week, had his teeth cleaned, and is now free of infection. His blood work was perfect! No more fluid on the lungs. He is actually playing and moving around like the other dogs. HE SIMPLY LOVES TO RIDE IN THE CAR!
He loves to sleep with me but in honesty, I must admit he snores! ha
Now he wants you, to be his mom.

Update to his condition 3-21-11
I took this little man to the vet this morning, he had fluid in his lungs and it was also filling his stomach. He also has a level 3 heart mumumur. He is now on Laslik to rid the fluids. and will stay on that for a week. He is on a daily heart medicine, he takes one tablet a day, and that will be for life. The good thing is that it is EXTREMELY inexpensive! He is on daily dose of Vetprofen, for old age pain of arthritis. Again, this is pennies a day. And he is on the...

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Oh, the poor little guy. I'm so glad the rescue has him and he wasn't just tossed out of a car like my Tico was. I wonder what happened to his eye.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From my understanding he was a breeder dog and has not had much of a life :-( I will try and get the rest of the info

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does it look like a miller?

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found it too and it looks like an obvious mill from the site. I wonder why she hasnt been shut down yet?? :-(

·
Registered
150 Posts
The most glaring sign is the sheer number of breeds available. Anyone can shout from the rooftops "I'm not a puppy mill", but really responsible dedicated breeders dont have five or six breeds for sale.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Does it look like a miller?
oh without a doubt! No other person with a clean conscience would breed a dog w/ bad knees like that, and the blindness looks genetic, not caused! The puppies all have TERRIBLE bites, too, you can tell...I mean granted its fine for pets to have off bites but its like, every one on the site has the issue. I would be livid if I bought a pet with horrible LP :-/

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Poor guy. I adopted an old gal from the humane society--had to have 17 of her teeth extracted, very overweight, dirty--but what a sweet, loving personality. It's so heartbreaking especially with the older ones. I hope he finds a home.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I looked at this web site and it is disturbing how she is holding these puppies. Click on the pictures of any of them and she is basically picking them up by their heads/necks. And you don't see anything for them except a crate. :(
So sad.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He was adopted :)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Such a sad story. Im so glad he was finally adopted.

That website was disgusting. It has puppy mill written all over it. You can see the crates in the background of the puppy photos. I read some of her info and she charges $12...paid via paypal to anyone wanting an additional picture of a puppy. RIDICULOUS!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts