Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what is going on with this world... but i got a frantic text from my neighbor because her moms boyfriends roommate Hit his dog and wanted me to check her leg to see if its broken... I believe it is.... Its so swollen. When i saw her i Flipped... We went right up there and told the guy that he was paying the vet bill or I was calling the cops... he said he didnt have the money... So ya I called the cops... Bailey is a LIttle 6 month old Beagle she Has no feeling left in the foot because i can squeeze the pad and she dosnt pull away like a dog would. I am So disgusted by this. The cops came (4 hours later) and said that he has 4 days to come up with the money to pay the bill or he is going to be charged.. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! 4 days her leg is horrendous its just dangling there.. So when the cops asked him what happened he Admitted to hitting the dog 15 times. 15! they he threw her out on the balcony to sleep all night ... Its so cold here to... Who does this Why wont the cops do anything. I know that My neighbors boyfriend dosnt have the money to take her to the vet he is on social assistance. So my Bff's bf offered to pay for her vet bill but wants to keep her afterwords and if they can come up with the money to pay him back then he will give her back... But they dont want to do that they want to SELFISH and keep her so she sits in Pain while they wait for this Bum to come up with the money to take her to the vet( I doubt it) hes on Social assistance to. I am going to the Humane Society tomorrow for a Animal first aid course so i am Going to talk to them to see if there is anything they can do .. I hope they can pull her so she can get the medical Attention she deserves. Ill post pictures tomorrow

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Can I please have his address so I can hit him and make sure his leg is broken?

Seriously, what the HELL is the issue between people and treating animals like ****? There are so many people who think it's OK to take out anger on a dog and those people need to be taught a lesson.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can I please have his address so I can hit him and make sure his leg is broken?

Seriously, what the HELL is the issue between people and treating animals like ****? There are so many people who think it's OK to take out anger on a dog and those people need to be taught a lesson.
I know he is a disgusting pig!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I am so angry by this. I pray that the humain society will do something.
how heart breaking :(

·
Registered
483 Posts
thats so cruel, people only hit animals because they cant do or say anything! i hope that the humain society will do something.
the police should of arrested him and charged him with animal cruelty.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Heartbreaking. :( I'd like to break his legs and leave him out on the balcony all night. I don't understand why he's not been arrested for animal cruelty.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
I don't even know what to say to this. :( What I want to say isn't appropriate for a public message board. How is he getting away with that? That is animal cruelty! Here in Texas if your pet is injured/ill, and you don't seek medical care, it's called neglect, and you can have the dog taken, and given a fine. They don't wait 4 days to see if some worthless *bleep* can come up with the money??????????? I hope you are able to get something done. What is the World coming too??

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am doing everything i can for this dog . She shouldnt have to suffer because of someones abuse ad someone else neglect.. Ill keep you guys updated... I am going to ake a get justice for Bailey page on facebook if you guys wanna join ill post the link

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
wow what a sad story you should just kidnap the dog and say u saw it jump off the balcony or something dumb i bet they'd believe it too lol Good luck I hope the dog gets some justice

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE~
I was at the humane socitey today and I made a report the Officer will be calling me in the morning... Hopefully they pull Her tommorow ...

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Sorry but this to me just seems really odd in England no way on earth would they be told wait 4 days for the bill the person would be arrested the RSPCA would prosecute as it's a criminal offence they would prosecute for a ban and/or imprisonment vets fees wouldn't come into it animal are not left in that sort if pain either they would just treat it or if someone else paid then when the case went to court the judge could enforce that the defendant had to reimburse the cost of treatment the police annoy enforce that someone pays anything it's down to the court after the person is charged , trialled and convicted

Sorry but I didn't know that the legal system in America was that lapse!! How can they wait around for the person to be caught etc and what if they don't have the money to pay you leave the doggie for longer in agony that's just as cruel IMO and they heal so fast the dog will be deformed

I'm shocked

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Our system is different here, sad to say. Twiggy's owners had called the pound to pick up three female chis that they didn't want anymore. While there, they confiscated Twiggy when they heard her story. The former owners were never charged for anything even though they never took her to a vet. At least they took her away from them.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
UPDATE~
I was at the humane socitey today and I made a report the Officer will be calling me in the morning... Hopefully they pull Her tommorow ...
wow they said they would call you tomorrow..Animal control here would be right over to get the dog some help asap...its wrong for that poor dog to suffer like that for days with no one doing anything to help it...

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Our system is different here, sad to say. Twiggy's owners had called the pound to pick up three female chis that they didn't want anymore. While there, they confiscated Twiggy when they heard her story. The former owners were never charged for anything even though they never took her to a vet. At least they took her away from them.
the person proboly wouldnt be charged for anything here either but the dog would be taken away & would get some medical care

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Yeah that's more my point the lack of care it would never happen there are charities that pay for this sort of thing I think it's all pretty strange

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Wow, you have charities that would pay for medical care? That would be awesome. Here the option is walk back out of the vets with your untreated dog or have the dog pts. Sometimes the pound has a vet that will take on certain cases to treat, but not often. And is only with stray dogs. If you bring it in hurt, they will euthanize.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
SOOOOOOOOOOO Sad! We see 'accidents' at the Vet somedays and OMG it's just upsetting when you can tell it wasn't really an accident. We report them when we suspect it, we even had a client 'admit' that her boyfriend threw the puppy against the wall to punish it for peeing on the carpet.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
That's disgusting!! We have charities that help with vet fees if you're on a low income as well
Our rescues do not pts unless it's a medical reason or if they can't be rehabilitated and will bite your head off!!

Blue cross, RSPCA etc are all funded

Right now I'm even more thankful and very proud to be English!! I'm honestly shocked

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Sarah, not all counties and states operate this way. Here in my city if someone abused a puppy like that, animal control would step in and confiscate the dog and the abuser would be arrested. They would have a court date, etc. and would be fined - possible jail time, or other punishments. A cruelty to animals charge comes with the stipulation that they cannot own pets for a certain number of years, have to give up pets they currently have, etc.

So not all jurisdictions are the same. I find what happened in Adrienne's case very, very unusual. Police usually don't make any determination on animal cruelty cases. If they were called to investigate, they would call animal control and they would step in and legally remove the puppy and it would be taken to the emergency vet clinic for treatment. This waiting around 4 days, etc. is something I have NEVER heard of.

The fact that an injured puppy with an obvious trauma is sitting at someone's home with no treatment is appalling and SHOCKING to me as well.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
This is just unbelievable. I can't even fathom how someone could do this to an animal. But I agree with Brodysmom. Here they would have been arrested and got a hefty fine or possibly jail time.

In fact, a girl my uncle was dating had 2 large dogs (I think they were lab mixes or something..very calm dogs). Well they got out one day when she was at work and wandered onto her neighbors property (she lives in the country). He shot them both. He was arrested and had to pay a huge fine. He freely admited that he had shot them and that they hadn't shown any aggression towards him what so ever. He just shot 'em cause they were on his property. It is unbelievable how people treat animals.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts