Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We brought home little "Pepe" (name to be changed as soon as we can agree on one... ha!).

He's a 5lb bundle of fluff, around 2 years old. He has a checkered past, full of over crowded shelters, and a hoarding situation. He's on Prozac, and was not overly thrilled about coming home with us, but has settled in surprisingly fast!

We have a crate set up in the kitchen for him, since he's not house trained yet. It's the one we used for the big dogs, so it's like he has his own little apartment. I'm so excited that he has gone from not even wanting to come near me at the rescue, to standing on my lap and letting me pet him and playing with toys all in the span of 6 hours! It's pretty amazing!

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Omg! In love❤. He is so cute. How could this sweet baby be subjected to no permanent hm and shelters. It's a good thing he had you now. Keep the pics and updates coming.

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
Congratulations!!! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
How exciting! He is such a stunner, I agree with Meoshia, i don't know he ended up in the shelter! I bet you are over the moon with joy! I'm so glad he is settling in quickly, sounds like you will be snuggling in no time!

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Congratulations!!! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
How exciting! He is such a stunner, I agree with Meoshia, i don't know he ended up in the shelter! I bet you are over the moon with joy! I'm so glad he is settling in quickly, sounds like you will be snuggling in no time!

Seriously so beautiful! I would've snatched him up in a heartbeat 😍

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Aww what a sweetie, he's so cute! That's a lot of progress in 6 hours. It goes to show that in shelters, people probably walk away from dogs who are afraid/won't go near them, but sometimes all they need is a chance and bit of time. I don't know how he ended up in this situation, but he's going to have a great life now. :)

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Congratulations on your new addition. He is beautiful and so lucky that his life has turned around for the better. I wish you both all the best as you start to get to know each other and look forward to lots of progress posts on him. :)

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
Lovely to have some happy news. He is adorable, looking forward to hearing about his progress. He has certainly landed on his feet this time :)

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone! Today is even better! We did a little clicker training, and started reinforcing pottying outside, and let him take a tour of the whole house. He even let me put a shirt on him! And he's becoming okay with me picking him up! Woohoo!!

He's still not really sure about Ty (my partner), but we're working on it. He's not a little man, and his voice is quite rumbly, so I understand why he's a bit more intimidated. Haha

As to a name, it seems to be some form of Rufus or Rufio... Either is likely to come out of my mouth so we will see what sticks. Haha. I will post more picks soon!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Congrats to you & Rufus;) . My Mia was not the most friendly fur baby when we got her. It took her a couple days before she would come out from under the table when we were in the room. 6 hrs. is fantastic:toothy8:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts