Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't need another dog. I have two beautiful, happy healthy Chi's who I adore...

BUT

I found the most perfect puppy in the world! his dad is an Australian Grand Champion and his sister is an Australian Champion. He's cute as a button and not an outrageous price for such a well bred dog.

I truly can't make up my mind on this. I think 3 will be more work, two works so nicely for me but I'm going past the Rolls Royce of Chi's if I let this little man go. I picked one of this breeders dogs out from a crowd at a show and just gravitated towards it because it was the most beautiful dog i had ever seen, that's what made me want a Chi in the first place and I wanted one from this breeder when I got Axle but she didn't have any litters planned.

I would post pics of him and his dad and sister but the breeder's site says you can't use their images without permission :(

If I got him it would be in 4 weeks, right after I get back from my anniversary trip to Hawaii and he would be 13 weeks.

Don't know what to do :(

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
just do it! XD do what i did , sit down and work out if you can do it financially , logically and practically! and if you can then go for it! maybe take your two to go meet the puppies first and if they are happy and interested then go ahead! :) x

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know, but he's an adorable little piece of Chi perfection. I'm wrestling with the heart vs head thing - heart says he's beautiful and I would love to spoil him rotten but head says 2 dogs is enough and I should just be happy with what i've got. Financially it's not an issue, it's either this little prince or a second overseas holiday in September for me (LA and San fran maybe?). It's more the logistics of managing 3 dogs when I only have 2 arms!

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Am I having deje vu, or have I lost it completely .... wasn't this in last week's threads with loads of banter?

Gawd some breeders are ridiculous, tell them you want to use it to get a 200th opinion from your CP friends :)

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
maybe take your two to go meet the puppies first
Unfortunatley I can't, he's 20 hrs away, she would have to ship him to me. She sends dogs all over Australia and somethimes internationally so she would organize it for me.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Its sounds like this little dog has stolen your heart its sounds like he could turn out to be a champion as well if you want to show him it would make a lovely Anniversery present to yourself. And 3 dogs isn't anymore work than 2 I have 3 and 1 is a new pup one is just about a year old and the other is an older dog. Its up to you but if you don't get him are you going to regret it and always wonder what could have been.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
While I don't have 2 chis, I do have 2 dogs. On occasion I give thought to another, but change my mind quickly and don't look to be on the safe side. lol While Jenn makes a point, it seems like if you are having such a hard time letting it go or you are so set on wanting this particular dog from this breeder that doesn't come along everyday you may need to consider how you will feel if the dog is gone and you can't have him. Will you be really disappointed? Sorry you missed your opportunity? 3 months from now will you be happy you have him or sorry you don't? Which one is easier to live with and there's your answer.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
what i would say is if you really want to and if it can work then why not? lol if you can do it then go for it! 3 dogs is not THAT hard ,ok let me explain that comment! lol pretty dogs teach each over things and you have already had 2 experiences at least with puppies so you know the score , the puppy will likely copy the others ect.! its pretty much the same as 2! lol i say this with only 2! :p but obviously the walkings the same except theres another and mostly puppies copy the older ones! (Tillie copies EVERYTHING pippi does and has learnt most things off her! :p) what you just gotta think is if you REALLY want another , the thing is yes listening to your head is smarter BUT sometimes by doing that you miss out on things! if you know you can do it then do it! x

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Oooh, he's tooooo gorgeous!!! Eek, err, would you be changing his name?
Hey, how did I miss the post that told how to see his pic? (I'm assuming I have to go to breeders website since she guards pics with her life.)

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Am I having deje vu, or have I lost it completely .... wasn't this in last week's threads with loads of banter?
You haven't lost it, I posted on Monday and i've been doing my head in over it ever since. Can't decide. Soon as I make up my mind I change it. Yesterday I was going to book another holiday so i wasn't going to get him, but we missed out on the cheap flights so now i'm thinking I will get him and not go on the 2nd holiday. I'm a bit overwhealmed and under appreciated/supported at work ATM and i think it's turned my brain to moosh and paralysed my decision making powers.

I should send you to look at him for me - he's in Brisbane. Then you can make up my mind for me and I won't have to make a decision.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you track him down on dogzonline? Fabio is a terrible name, I would definitely change it!!!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If yo go through to her site you can see dad and sister on show dogs page. Dad is Tuxedo Man and sister is Sheza Charma. I'm in love with the sister, she has the most beautiful face.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
He is really darling, Sarah
I know! Did you see his sister? If he turns out anything like her I would be thrilled because to me she is perfection (and obviously to a few other people because she's a champion).

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
I looked everywhere trying to find the sister but I just couldn't find her, but I loved what I saw about the way they are raised and the other chis are beautiful also. Looks totally first class quality you could be very pleased with.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts