Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They just want to charge and charge you know if you go broke they won't have a heart not to waive the vet visit.They rather you surrender your pet that you love so much.I am bugged cause my chi does fine that again she is not doing good they told me to keep giving her fluid for a few days than return if she is not feeling better.In times likes this i wish I were a vet myself to bad i don't have such a intelligent mind.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my dog eat one tomato seed and i panicked so i gave her a little hedro proxide she vomit hours later this was monday so off to the vet again stools mushy.Feed her yesterday she ate 2 small meals drink water heard her tummy making noise.Gave her the antinasea and sucrufate.this morning to her to a different vet cause she vomiting bile they gave her a cerenia shot and to keep her hydrated for a few days.She does not have an appetite offering her luquids the new vet said this is a walkin clinic with several vets they just seem to want to keep on charging me.Mondays vet said it could be the irritation to her stomach cause of the peroxide.they are making me cry cause its getting expensive with no answers but yet when i asked her nice enough if she could waive the recheck she said if i wanted to surrender.I said no way i cried some more wanted to just leave but since they are a walkin clinic they are the best i could do with.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Have you tried giving her Pedialyte(it helps to settle the tummy while hydrating and restoring electrolyte balance) plus Tomlyn's Nutristat or Nutripuppy(I found this at Petco since Petsmart went to GNC products) it'll help keep her from becoming hypoglycemic and get some calories into her.

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
First of all which dog is this? Roxy? Pearl? or do you have a new puppy? Next, IMO if all of this stems from the original episode of eating one tomato seed and then you giving her peroxide her stomach needs to settle and you need to stop worrying that everytime she goes to the bathroom and it doesn't look right you do someting different. Keep her hydrated with water or Pedialyte. Every little while offer her some. If you have to put it in a cup and hold it up to her mouth or dip your finger in it and let her lick it off your finger, whatever it takes to keep getting her to drink. As far as food, I don't see why she can't eat her regular food, but if she is being picky at the moment maybe boil her a little chicken with no salt just chicken and water and let her eat that. If her stomach makes noise don't worry about it--it's going to make noise for a couple of days until it straightens out, but I personally don't think it's helping to give her a bunch of different stuff right now. That's just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First of all which dog is this? Roxy? Pearl? or do you have a new puppy? Next, IMO if all of this stems from the original episode of eating one tomato seed and then you giving her peroxide her stomach needs to settle and you need to stop worrying that everytime she goes to the bathroom and it doesn't look right you do someting different. Keep her hydrated with water or Pedialyte. Every little while offer her some. If you have to put it in a cup and hold it up to her mouth or dip your finger in it and let her lick it off your finger, whatever it takes to keep getting her to drink. As far as food, I don't see why she can't eat her regular food, but if she is being picky at the moment maybe boil her a little chicken with no salt just chicken and water and let her eat that. If her stomach makes noise don't worry about it--it's going to make noise for a couple of days until it straightens out, but I personally don't think it's helping to give her a bunch of different stuff right now. That's just my 2 cents.
it Roxie her new name is Rudy TUTU

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I found this online. I give tomaoes to my dogs (small peices) and they are perfectly fine. Please let your poor dog's stomach settle. You didn't need to give her peroxide or take her to the vets for one seed.

Hi and thanks for an interesting question!

I have no problem with feeding tomatoes to your dog. Really, tomatoes aren't bad for dogs.

Tomatoes contain a substance called alpha-tomatine. It is found throughout the plant, but is much more concentrated in the leaves and stem. In the fruit, the level of alpha-tomatine is present in small amounts in the green unripened tomato and in tiny amounts in a ripened red tomato.

Tomatine can be toxic to the heart. However, a dog would have to eat a massive amount of tomato before the heart was affected. Additionally, the tomatine is very poorly absorbed by the intestinal tract.

It is more of a concern when cows get into tomato patches and munch away at lots of tomato plant leaves.

Some dogs can have some mild stomach upset from eating tomatoes, but that's about it.

I don't know of a case that has ever been reported of a dog suffering toxic effects from eating tomatoes.

So, the answer to "are tomatoes bad for dogs" is no.

Dr. Marie.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you tried giving her Pedialyte(it helps to settle the tummy while hydrating and restoring electrolyte balance) plus Tomlyn's Nutristat or Nutripuppy(I found this at Petco since Petsmart went to GNC products) it'll help keep her from becoming hypoglycemic and get some calories into her.
actually i have this one made by excel now it sayings to give her 3 tsp daily per 10 lbs.how much for a 3lbs. 1.0zchi .i giving some electrolyte water half and half gatorade which was ok from the vet.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
see she has been having upset tummy for some time now it started with the heargard plus she was fine before that than her stools were soft tried adding pumpkin and it help but a week later a dental cleaning was done and the problems came up again. they took x-ray all fine,mini blood panel work fine,pancreas test normal.
As soon as her antiobiotics finsih soft stools again i had to make a gradual swith with chicken and rice plus her food becuase her other food finish the both are grain free nature's variety.Now drinking water on her own last night and this morning when we came back she drank plenty .Refused the chicken broth which they said would be ok i have it free of salt. i have offered her some chicken but she only gets a kibble size amount and it comes out as bile yuck.I am glad she is drinking though i am just stressed out plus with had sewage problems and than also my hubby got biten had to go to urgent care.Plus knowone told me i could keep her a liquid diet for a few days lol.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I’m sorry to hear about your dog.

Has her weight been stable? If it started with the Heart Guard then I would consider asking your vet about discontinuing that along with giving her a very bland diet for a few weeks. I read the other thread you posted and saw the pictures of her stool and although it looked like it may be passing through her digestive system a bit quick, it didn’t look too concerning in my opinion. The hydrogen peroxide, antibiotics, being under anesthesia for her recent dental and her food being switched around are all likely to cause digestive issues. Sometimes it can take a week or two for a bland diet to start working. I would start there.

For the future, always check with a vet before inducing vomiting.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Question if she was vomiting her medicine it would could out the color of the medicine right?

yes i learned my leason right now i am keeping hear hydrated she is drink water on her own.food very little today she had about a tablespoon at about 1:00 morning of chicken and rice her stool was very little amount loose not watery.giving her some excel vitamin supplement its like nutrical.Just keeps vomiting bile the yellow stuff .

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
I may be wrong about this, butI think when they vomit that bile there stomach is empty and it the bile has upset it. How often is she eating the chicken? If she will eat the chicken, I would probably feed her little bits of chicken 3 x a day--say morning, around 2pm, 8pm where her stomach doesn't get totally empty. But feed nothing but chicken so her stomach can settle.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
actually i have this one made by excel now it sayings to give her 3 tsp daily per 10 lbs.how much for a 3lbs. 1.0zchi .i giving some electrolyte water half and half gatorade which was ok from the vet.
Me personally would use full strength Pedialyte over 1/2 strength gatorade anyday Vet or no Vet...saw the Pedialyte save my first furbaby! IMHO Gatorade is just not the same.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
she had to stay at the vet today for observation cause i tried feed her but she eats very little her stomach was inflammed some it showed in the x-ray, they recheck her pancreas as well normal again please pray for her and me so that she can get better after this treatment they are going to do.I can't wait for her to give me her full energic kisses.she was vomited bile so many times not even the anti-nasea was helping and some food wednesday i felt bad cause she seemed very hungry bile and food would come out .thursday she was able to eat very little food and she did hold it in.she wiggled her tail at me this morning but took her in to be rechecked since her vet was going to be there today she waived that fee.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts