Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we had a thread about this a while back about dieting and such but I just wanted to take a second and brag about what happened this last week.

I've really fallen out of going to the gym routinely at one time I was going 6 days a week, eating great, and I lost almost 60lbs, Well I gained 10 pounds, became depressed, work and such, my Grans passing etc, it was just a BLEH kind of time for me but i'm back at it and last week I went to our local world gym which yes, i've still been paying through the nose on a membership I wasn't using, but I came out red faced (other than the obvious, exercise) because I had 3 different people come up to me throughout my workout after a year of not seeing me on my very first day back and say hey, we've missed you, great to have you back, how've you been?

These are people I see for an hour out of the day maybe and I hadn't been in almost a year? It really makes you feel good.

Just my word of keep at it to all of us working toward better health.

This morning I went to our gym here (gated community) because I didn't want to make the commute to WG, it's usually empty but of course there was a sprinter in there and guess who felt the need to be silently comepetive:foxes15:I'm beat!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ewww I hate "silent competitors". . . that's why I DETEST going to gyms. Makes me so-o cranky.
Haha, yeah i'm horrible at it! If i'm ever running next to someone I always feel the need to keep up, I wish I could break myself.

But if it makes you feel better he was in fantastic shape and left me in the dust, but I did get a great workout as a result.

Running fast has never been my thing and I know that, I can do distance but ask me to sprint and I will fall over dead.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
That's funny. Most of us don't realize what kind of impact we make on the world, on other peoples lives & on our own until it hits us in the face. That's great you have people missing you. It would be in your best interest to befriend these people & work out together. That would really help give you the initiative to keep going & enjoy it. Good for you & I'm sorry you've had such a bad run on things. Just hold your head up high & try to stay positive & one of my favorite sayings is:

LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's funny. Most of us don't realize what kind of impact we make on the world, on other peoples lives & on our own until it hits us in the face. That's great you have people missing you. It would be in your best interest to befriend these people & work out together. That would really help give you the initiative to keep going & enjoy it. Good for you & I'm sorry you've had such a bad run on things. Just hold your head up high & try to stay positive & one of my favorite sayings is:

LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT!!!!!!!
Hey thank you Lisa, you're exactly right though. You can go through life never speaking to someone and have a huge impact on them as a result. Of the people that spoke to me only 1 was someone I regularly spoke to at the gym. I'm not overly social while i'm there as i'm usually focused, but one that spoke to me i've long looked up to, he's a complete animal at the gym - and it's always motivated me secretly and having him tell me great to be back really felt great.

My work schedule really prevents me from being normal as the gym is a good 15-20 minutes from my house so I only commute usually when I have a day off but i'm getting back into it!

Diet is my issue right now, but i'm still getting the kinks out. You can't outrun a bad diet that's for sure.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
That is awesome. I HATE the gym, so have a lot of stuff here at home to exercise...but I rarely do. I really need to get back on track.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I adore my gym friends and when someone is missing we notice !! I like the social part of it, it keeps me from gettinng bored. three day a week i run intervals-inclines and sprints with a group. It is so much fun to be with them and we have a great time --it is two different trainers--that helps too. We are all at different levels--we have a marathoner, someone doing--"melt-down"--a biggest loser type of thing, an asthmatic, a fire fightr...quite a group. !!

sounds like people were missing you !!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Jeez, let me say CONGRATULATIONS on losing almost 60 pounds!!! I have yet to lose my baby weight from my kids, (blast them!) maybe I need a gym buddy like you LOL

Little things like that really make me smile too. That feels great :) Good job on the extra workout too, haha.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you very much! I lost the 60lbs in 2008 and while I haven't lost anything more, I also haven't gained it back because I did it the old fashioned way with sensible eating and lifestyle change with exercise.

The day after I posted that I smashed my finger in a metal door at work and haven't been to the gym since!

Went to the Dr. this morning and he drained it, as soon as the swelling goes down i'm back!

If you do start going to the gym blog about it with someone, i'd be happy to be your "gym buddy" I have my gym obsessed boyfriend rooting me on at home but i'll tell you, logging on and seeing other people cheering me on makes me feel great!

I still have a ways to go to be my ideal body, but all it takes is the determination to get there, everything else comes second!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts