Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my Cricket, but she is not very other animal friendly. Fred wants to play with her, but she snaps, and growls at him. Even when he is just lying down minding his own business. I need to know what I can do to help stop it. I am scared that one day she will snap at him, and he will have had enough, and bite her. If he bites her, he will kill her. Please I really need some help.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
What breed is Fred? You have to remember that Cricket is tiny, and Fred may look like a giant to her. I'd let them continue to interact, pay lots of attention to Fred and Cricket may think "hey, wait a minute, I want attention too". If she even looks at Fred without growling, let her know you are very pleased with that behavior. Snapping and snarling are her ways of telling Fred 'stop there, I'm scared of you'. Just keep on heaping praise on Fred, and maybe, just maybe she'll come around and want that attention too! It goes without saying they shouldn't be left alone with out supervision for now. Sue

·
Registered
19 Posts
Im curious is there a huge size difference? Why would a chi to chi bite kill her? My Bella hates people, loves animals of all sizes so i have no info on this. I hope it works out for you !!

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im curious is there a huge size difference? Why would a chi to chi bite kill her? My Bella hates people, loves animals of all sizes so i have no info on this. I hope it works out for you !!
There is a very big size difference. She is 4lbs, and he is 12lbs. He is like a monster to her. She was never around other animals when she was a puppy. From what I understand she is the runt of the litter. Was toted around until she was 2 yrs, and the her owner passed away. When her owner passed, her granddaughter took her. She had no inside pets. I also have no inside pets. I have an outside dog, but he is way to big at approx 50lbs to try and socialize her on. He is 14 months old, and would accidentally kill her just trying to play. I can't afford to take them to classes, so I have train myself. I can get him to sit and stay, but with an adult dog with no social skills I have no idea how to deal with it. I don't want her biting another animal.

·
Registered
85 Posts
When I was introducing Milo to our yourkie X, our dog trainer told us to sit on the sofa, with a dog on either side, and just make them sit there and behave themselves. Ensure you let her know that being aggressive is not acceptable. Don't give her any fuss until she is behaving calmly, once she's done that, then give her positive feedback.

We also have a puppy pen, and we would alternate who went in it, so they could get used to each other being around but there wasn't a risk of anyone getting hurt.

Hope this helps a bit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.