Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my local pet boutique to pick up a bag of food & some treats & saw that they now carry a new brand of food there I got one of the info pamplets on it & look it up when I got home..Ive never heard of it before & dont think I have ever seen it mentioned on here either..just wondering if anyone has heard of it before

http://www.sojos.com/index.html

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sounds interesting! I am looking for a dehydrated food for my chi to, So do we just add some fresh raw meat to it and the water and go????? LOL

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
I've tried Sojos before and it's a dehydrated food just like The Honest Kitchen. THK is a little cheaper for me and is one that I know better so that's the one I choose to feed personally.

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
glad to know that some one has heard of it lol I was just curious about it. I am very happy with the Fromm that Im feeding so Im not thinking about switching.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Yes, I've heard of it. It's another dehydrated raw like mentioned (similar to THK). A friend who breeds Olde English Bulldogges feeds Sojos. Just started a couple months ago but so far she loves it. And the natural food store we get treats/toys/supplies at sells it & they only carry the best natural foods. :)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Maya and Bruiser tried Sojos today and so far so good. I will tell you that this food looks like food when it is rehydrated. You can actually see the sweet potatoes, broccoli and turkey. I bought the complete and a small amount seems to go far. When mixed, it really looks like chicken pot pie (not as creamy). No bad odor either. The only downside I see so far is that you have to wait at least 30 minutes from mixing to feeding. But you can prepare up to 4 days at a time. I decided to mix up a zip lock bag for tomorrow and put it in the fridge. So it should be easy.
I will keep you updated.
Tricia

·
Registered
107 Posts
Are all these veggies that are in these Dehydrated foods ok for dogs?? I always thought people said, they shouldnt eat veggies???? I am confused again lol! Doesnt take much to confuse me these days.... yep I am blonde hahaha

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Maya and Bruiser tried Sojos today and so far so good. I will tell you that this food looks like food when it is rehydrated. You can actually see the sweet potatoes, broccoli and turkey.
Different dehydrated raw mixes come in different consistencies as you've noted. Some are chunkier like the Sojos and others are ground a little finer. Even within the different Honest Kitchen formulas for example some are chunkier than others and some of them you can also see the fruits and whatnot in them more than others. Whether it's chunks or more finely ground they are still in there, so that ends up being a choice of what your preference is for consistency of the food. Sojos is a good food and I'm glad it's going well for you, I had good results with Sojos in the past too.

Are all these veggies that are in these Dehydrated foods ok for dogs?? I always thought people said, they shouldnt eat veggies???? I am confused again lol! Doesnt take much to confuse me these days.... yep I am blonde hahaha
Veggies and fruits are perfectly fine additions to a dogs diet. There are some veggies that are harmful to dog and should be avoided, however adding fruits and veggies in general is not bad at all. You should look for a food whose primary ingredient is meat but the addition of fruits and veggies in kibble, dehydrated raw, and even pre-made frozen raw mainly helps in making the food a "complete" diet meaning you do not need to add any additional supplements/ingredients to ensure you are meeting their dietary requirements. Veggies and fruits are a healthy and safe way to add key vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber to a dogs diet. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts