Weaving:

The Pause Table:

A little jump:

The A frame:

Not bad for just seven lessons, huh? ^^

·
Registered
34 Posts
This looks like so much fun! I want to get my guy into something like this but, dang, its taking soooo long for the basics to click with him! Sometimes it feels like he will never be ready!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
That is so awesome! I'd love to have been able to do that with Zoey but her knees won't allow it, considering it with my little min pin Ziva...she's all over the place and quick as a flash.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I figured we'd be spending months learning about each piece of equipment, but he learns so fast he's standing around waiting for me to catch up! I need to work on cross-overs and off hand work. Rocco needs teeter-totter and weaves....but we're not worrying about that right now. He's got years ahead of him to learn it all, and I don't want to pressure him.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Believe it or not, treat motivated dogs are the best candidates. You wouldn't just put it on top though. The first time Rocco and I did the A frame, the trainer gave him a little tiny treat every foot of the frame. Probably why he loves that piece of equipment so much now.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Great pics!!! I love agility - Pip does it very very very occasionally (She has LP so she doesnt get to do the jumps etc, but she does the weaves, tunnel etc that dont involve jumping), Maisie's gonna start in a few months time too

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Believe it or not, treat motivated dogs are the best candidates. You wouldn't just put it on top though. The first time Rocco and I did the A frame, the trainer gave him a little tiny treat every foot of the frame. Probably why he loves that piece of equipment so much now.
That's funny! She is food motivated, i have taught her many tricks that way. ;) Rocco is a smart boy!! :D

·
Registered
657 Posts
waa hoo! looks like yur both having a blast! and yur right slow n steady and take yur time on big scary things:)

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Love seeing agility pics, thanks for sharing them. :)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Ooooh!! You have agility Chi's too!!! How'd you teach the weaves? Any tips?
Well yes, I'd say the weaves are by far the hardest to learn and stick!:coolwink:
Tonka has always gone too fast and weaves took him years to catch on to. I found dismantled x-pens helped set up around a 6pole weave set. practice the pattern over, and over, and over again with treat rewards at the end of the pattern :)
remember there is no such thing as too much practice:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts