Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some cute close ups. I took some pictures with my "real" camera a couple weeks ago. The pictures are so much nicer than on my digi but I hate having to wait to get them developed. The photo store I use includes CDs of your pictures and prints them on nice photo paper. I love not having the red eye issue (or at least greatly reduced) and I love the blurred background feature of the camera. :wave:

Tyson

Leila

Jack

Chloe

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Wow, great pictures!! The blurred background looks awesome!!
You have the most beautiful chis!! I love Leila, she looks so sweet :love5:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Nice pics!

FYI - That blurred background is known as 'bokeh' in the photography world. (Pronounced bow-ka)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bokeh

The lovely part about it is that it really makes the subject jump out of the picture because there is so much focus on it. This also has a lot to do with depth of field too.

Good bokeh = good pictures! :thumbright:

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone!

And thanks Isshinharu for the photography lingo. I had no idea. I just put it on automatic and set it on the lady's head picture and it does it for me :D I wish I could find a decently priced digicam that would do it. All the nice ones I see are big like my canon rebel and are like $800 and up.

I took a year of photgraphy in highschool but I usually "cheated" and didn't use the manual settings because it was so much harder and if we messed up it was hard to find the time to reshoot and develop everything before the assingment was due. The teacher couldn't tell the difference I guess. The chemicals were fun though. I would love to learn more about it. It's so fun and I love pictures.

·
Registered
410 Posts
:thumbright: Welcome. If ya want anymore pointers just shout. :-D

...and you are correct. A decent SLR (digital) like the Digital Rebel XT starts around $800. But... if you're serious about photography... it makes it well worth the price.

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha Can't fool anyone with that one :) So if I set my junky digi cam on manual what should the numbers look like to get that bokeh effect? There's an "F4.0"... I think it means the F stop, but I dont remember what it does and then theres a number 1/1000. I should have saved my notes from class huh? It's crazy that I could forget it all, well it was 3 years ago I guess.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I love the pics! Jack has Beautiful coloring!! ive never seen a chi like that before!

·
Registered
573 Posts
What a sweet looking group! I bet they keep you busy! So much love to give!!! Thanks for sharing your pics. They are awesome!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts