Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dogs are sooo attached to my kids. I just hate that all the things you look up about chihuahuas say that they are not good with children. I need to send those sites a few of these pics, because this is a basic day and evening at my house.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awww so this is a normal thing. I was starting to think my dogs were not normal lol. Every morning Fudge is waiting at the bottom of the stairs for my son to come down. Oh I didn't post a pic of my 8 year old because she belongs to Flower but since Flower had the puppies my 8 year old don't want to hold her. lol

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yeah, my boys have decided between the two of them which dog is theirs. My oldest, Nathan age 13, says Oreo is his since he named her. Nicholas, age 8, says Rosie is his since he named her. lol :lol: They both love them so much. We also always have a house full of kids as all the neighborhood kids love to come over and play. Oreo and Rosie get excited and just love all the attention. They have never been mean to kids. Just the opposite - they love them!

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same with mine they just love kids. And we also have a whole house full of kids because of the neighbors. How's your yard during the summer? Mine is always full of kids coming over and going swimming, jumping on the trampoline, or playing on the swingset. I think we are the only house in the neighborhood that buys our kids stuff and then everyone elses kids use it too.

·
Registered
437 Posts
We don't have all the fun stuff but for some reason they always end up at our house. We do have a basketball goal though. They trampled down our grass in the front yard this summer playing football. :lol: My husband wasn't too happy but I told him it'll come back next spring.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Those photos are so gorgeous :) It's so sweet to see chis and kids coz they really can make great pairings! I don't have any kids of my own but I look after a 2yo and Ruby LOVES her, she's gets so excited after the little girl wakes up from her afternoon sleep!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Oh this is soooo sweet!! :D I love pictures of dogs and kids...... I myself know what a difference it made for me to grow up with dogs. We always had dogs at home and without them I'd be a totally different person. I was a bit scared when I red that Chihuahuas don't like kids (as one day I'd love to have them myself - kids that is :wink: ) and I was worried how my Billy would accept a baby. But so far he likes my cousin's little children and as long as they're gentle with him he's looks happy.
Thanks guys for posting these lovely photos! :wave:

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
I agree completely ladies. Everyone told me while I was searching for a chi that they weren't good with kids. And Lina likes Gaige and Dawn more than she likes me lol. So, I won't ever say a breed isn't good with kids again. I think it depends on if they were around them from a young age. We got Lina when she was about 3-4 months and taught both kids how to handle her, not to chase her, don't get in her face. Everything we thought would make her nervous, they were taught not to do. She always had a safe place to go (usually my lap but sometimes our bedroom) and was not a bit scared of any child as long as they were calm with her. Boss is the same way. Except her perfers rough play so he likes it when the kids are chasing him and get in his face lol (supervised always of course!). I want to smack people that say chihuahua's aren't good with kids. I haven't met one yet that just simply didn't like children to start off with. Usually I think there's something that makes them not like them. But anyway- I'm through with my rant lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts