Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
OMG Jack is so cute when he sticks out his little pink tongue. Leila is an absolute sweetheart, and Chloe looks like a little girly princess. Tyson looks very laid back. That tent is SOOOOO cute though. Do they like playing in it?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
heehee Jack looks so funny, like he is saying go away to you....lol
They look they they like the tent...That pic is so sweet....xxx

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rubyfox said:
heehee Jack looks so funny, like he is saying go away to you....lol
They look they they like the tent...That pic is so sweet....xxx

He is! haha The tongue is usually a negative thing but I think it's the cutest! He does it when he's frustrated or impatient lol He didn't want his picture taken :foxes15:

Thanks everyone for the nice comments!

That tent was from Target and it was only $2.50! It was a great deal. I have to put it up when they get bored with it. You can see that Leila doesn't like to share lol :wink:

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jack was born with microthalmia or "small eye syndrome". His eye socket and eye ball are undersized and he is blind on that side. There are eye tests that can determine if a dog carries the gene and therefore should not be bred. Many breeders don't do the necessary testing and end up with puppies with eye defects. It's sad that people don't take the necessary precautions to avoid this but it does happen. Geneticists feel that there is a relationship between hydrocephalus, eye abnormalities, nervous seizures and cryptorchidism, and therefore relate these problems to inherited hormonal defects.

In the search for my "perfect" merle, I came across a cute little guy with a reduced price due to an abnormal eye. It bothered me that he wasn't as "good" as the others and I couldn't bare the thought of him going to an owner who was just looking for a good deal. We wanted to give him a good home and the best opportunity, so even though he wasn't "perfect" he was perfect to me. He makes me happy every day and I can't imagine life without him. I sometimes even forget he has anything wrong with him.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts